LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SE)     04 October 2013

Information about tax evasion


i am facing 489A From last 5.5 year .my father in law is not alive now.

in dowry case they mentioned that they spent 15 lac in the above said marriage.

can i file Tax evasion and how. and is it valid after 5 year and against  whom?

and if it possible how to file.


 5 Replies


The record's under government authority can be tilted at any phase of time if that is relevant to your case and of prime concern to your case.

5.5 year's has passed and what you were doing at early stage?

What is current status of your case?

Rajesh (SE)     04 October 2013

my 498A is on evidence stage still 9 evidence is pending.and i have filed divorce 2.5 year back. thats the current status

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     04 October 2013

How by proving that they had not spent 15 lakhs in marriage will prove that the wife has not been harassed for dowry or she faced mental cruelty during the stay at matrimonial home? Don't you think that both issues are different and the prosecution requires only the latter part and not the former part?


Bhai aapka lawyer kya case lad raha hai ya ab tak party me dance kar raha hai?

So pity of him,, !!

and dude.....why are you misguided by her allegation that 15 lack's spent on her marriage.

Do you think that this is case?

No my bro......spending crores of Rs. on marriage will also not count as any dowry or any cruelity until or unless that amount has been asked or been transfered to other for benefit's of groom other than Bride,then in this case you can't even transfer that amount on her name on the account of streedhan given by their parent's.

So,if merely alleging that 15 lakh's spend on marriage is not a case, so stay cool and go through the cause of action and prepare to quash that if you have stringent proof's and evidences.

Consult your case with next experienced as well as honest lawyer which you will get via refference.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     04 October 2013

It appears that you did receive dowry. If so, then what you are asking here is how to get away with a crime after committing it. Or worse, how to put the blame on the FIL. Demanding or even otherwise receiving dowry is not just a crime but a shameless and disgraceful act for a man. I am just shocked as to how some men, in today's era, educated enough to participate in this forum, can seek advise on how to avoid dowry charges after having shamelessly enjoyed it.  Rarely are dowry allegations made which are untrue for the simple reason that if they are untrue it will be IMPOSSIBLE to prove that dowry was accepted. And if false allegations are made, then you can easily get divorce on the basis of that false allegation, as it is a serious allegation.

This is just my personal opinion and please do not mind the frankness with which it is expressed.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register