Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mushtaq Ahmed (Senior Engineer)     08 January 2014

Indian muslim boy wanting to marry a thai buddhist girl

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am an Indian muslim boy working currently in Thailand and in love with a Thai Buddhist girl.
We want to get married when I finish my work here and move back to India. And she is willing to convert to Islam. Could you please clarify which is the best & convenient way ?
a) Should she convert to Islam & get a legal document here in Thailand ?
 If yes, What kind of document is required to get married as per Sharia Law in india?
b) Should we get registered married in thailand or have a wedding in India ?
Please let me know what documents are required to go ahead & most convenient way to go about.
Looking forward to your valuable advice in light of our current situation.

Regards,

Mushtaq

Learning

3 Replies

advocate praveen (prop.)     08 January 2014

Dear,

You have to consult local Lawyer (Thai.).  They will proper guide as Indian Law is not applicable at that place.

regards

Adv. Praveen K. Maheshwari

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 January 2014

Court marriages are solemnized under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Court marriage can be performed between an Indian male and a female irrespective of their caste, religion or creed. It can also be solemnized between an Indian and a foreigner. The procedure of the Court marriages does away with the rituals and ceremonies of the traditional marriages. The parties can directly apply to the Marriage Registrar for performance & registration of marriage and grant of marriage certificate. 

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     08 January 2014

You better get married in Thailand an d hv Reception in India

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register