Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Indian citizen marriage registration in us court

Page no : 2

**Victim** (job)     20 December 2011

I agree and endorse Ld. Tajobsindia's advise.

(Guest)

Facts

1. Marriage license was obtained in some county ( equivalent of District) within State of Michigan.

2. Marriage was held in US court.

3. Interpreted from petitioners post -Marriage was not solemnised in Hindu temple or per HMA. 

Intentions of Petitioner

1. Wants the hubby back in India

Options available to the wife:

1. File a motion for dissolution of marriage and within that same motion, file for spousal support in US court. Jurisdiction can be wifes habitual residence or husbands. 

2. Annul the marriage since it is less than 6 months. 

3. File RCR in India. My guess is that since the pair are citizens of India, they can petition the Indian courts. 

4. Mutual consent divorce.

My questions:

1. Women is educated women and an adult. Did she not apply due diligence before marrying. 

2. Was there any other motives behind marriage - green card, saving visa status, tax saving, adoption, medical benefits, death benefits ? 

3. Why would a guy not be interested in a new marriage - what is lacking in who ? 

4. Why did the women return to India ? 

5. Marrying and living in two different cities in US doesnt make sense. Was it a marriage of convinience ? 

I dont take this case on face value. There is something not transparent here

Damayanti (Unemployed)     17 January 2012

Court marriage in USA in michigan 

Wife also applies for marriage license

So there is clear proof of court marriage which is valid (unless either party comes up with other discoveries which make the marriage void)

This is what happens to enthusiastic indians running behind NRIs.

Short cuts to avoid  following

a) whole process of applying for H4B visas for dependent spouses from US embassis in India, 

b) and Ignorance/Casual approach/Carelessness about 'marriage ceremony' in India and its significance, and  importance of  marriage registration here in India 

often causes to land in such dire situation.

Dear Lady,

NOW You are a legally married person on this earth until you get a divorce from a competant jurisdiction once for all !

So don't create any further problems for you by marrying second time and by not telling the truth to concerned.

File Domestic violence cases to teach you husband and then he would fall in line!!

But again all this won't keep your marriage hidden and you should not even tru to hide it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register