LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jack (nothing)     23 July 2016

Independent witness discard by PP

Dear Experts, In my 498A trail is going on PW1 to 4 examined. All the witness deposed new stories in front of judge compared to 161 statements. Simply my lawyer dined all the new stories as omission. The interesting thing is none of the stories are matching with each other. And witness 5 to 8 are independent witness and neighbor of us and they are ready to tell real story. But PP discarded these witness.PP is aware if the independent witness comes it will prove as false case that is the reason PP discarded. 1. In this case what is my action plan? 2. Is there any good judgements which help me for my arguments on witness discard? 3. If 161 statement and deposition diffrent story then judge will trust the witness? Since all are omissions. 4. Based on the omissions and contradictions case moved to my favor ? There is no material in the case.

Learning

1 Replies

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     23 July 2016

Ask those neighbours to appear as witnessed from the side of the defence. That shall surely help your case. As far as dropping those witnesses are concerned, make a suggestion to the IO that the said witnssesses were dropped because the same were not incriminating enough to support the case of the prosecution.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register