LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Audry Fernandes (nil)     22 March 2013

Indemnity bond or affidavit for change of name of gas conne

I need to change the name in my gas connection from my father's name to my name.

I am told that in addition to other docs like death ceritificate, proof of address, Adhar form, I have to get No Objection from my other siblings as well as furnish an Indemnity Bond or Affidavit.

Could you please help me on the following

1. Should it be an Indemnity Bond or Affidavit? please let me know

2. If an Indemnity Bond, I think I can get the Rs. 100 stamp through some banks which stamp for stamp duty and then sign the bond in presence of 2 witnesses. Please confirm if this is correct.

3. If it should be an affidavit, what is the procedure?


Thanking you in anticipation.


 8 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     22 March 2013

for gas connection every company has different procedures like affidavit signed by the person on whose name it is to be changed and 2 witness and some company will ask all the legal heirs to be signed on the affidavit and also confirm with the dealer why not on rs. 10  non judicial paper because it only for name change 

affidavit will do and the details will be that you are legal heir of your father and no other person has objection in this name change and if any you be will the sole responsibility in future and you do not have any other connection with other dealer 

if you want other details check out with website of the company they will give every details in faqs or toll free number for further details 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 March 2013


The recent directive has also simplified the process of transfer of connection to legal heir following death of a customer. "After the death of a customer, transfer of connection to the next of kin/legal heir is already permitted with the condition that the next of kin produce a copy of death certificate and submit legal heir certificate/NOC from other legal heirs of the deceased customer. The new directives say that after the death of a customer, the connection may also be transferred to next of the kin based on affidavit and submission of copy of death certificate

Audry Fernandes (nil)     23 March 2013

Thank you Mr. Mahesh and Mr. Rama Chary.

Could you please tell me the difference between Indemnity Bond and Affidavit.

For Indemnity Bond one simply buys Rs. 100 Stamp paper and types the relevant statement and then signs in presence of 2 witnesses.

What is the procedure for an Affidavit.

Thank you

MANNE SN (Chief Consultant)     27 March 2013

Any Lawer/Notary public will Guide you in this Regard. It is simle.The Affidavit should Contain the Facts of the Origional Owner and the Transferee explaining the Facts for the Proposed Transfer.Actually Notery is Not necessary.But however on the safeside it is better to get Notarised and Approach the Concerned Dealer with Photo ID ,Address Proof and Affidavit.

Audry Fernandes (nil)     01 April 2013

Thank you.

Deepak Vishwakarma (Advocate)     26 September 2013



How do we change the name of the connection holder?

Name change can be done in the following cases:-

(i) Death of SV Holder:

To transfer the connection in the name of legal heir / within the family, after death of consumer, please submit the following to the distributor.

· An application with details

· Legal Heir certificate

· NOC from other Legal Heirs of the deceased consumer

· Death Certificate

· Completed

· KYC form with valid Proof of Identity (POl) and Proof of Address (POA).

· Affidavit in

· Annexure F, in case original SV is lost.

In case the next of kin is not in a position to produce Legal heir Certificate, please submit request with notarized Affidavit D.

The deposit will remain the same as in the original SV. Name will be changed by preparing TV and issuing a new SV for the Beneficiary family member.

Annexure D



M/s ( Name of OMC)

Dear Sirs,

I l\4r. / Mrs. son/daug hter/wife of Mr ..,............. aged .... years,

residing at hereby solemnly affirm as


That my (relation with the connection holder) was in

possession of LPG connection from M/s (name of

distributor of OMC) vide SV no. dated Consumer No.

That Shri/ Smt has passed away on

. Attested copy ofthe death certificate is enclosed.

That I being the (relation of the next of kin) request that the LPG

connection may be transferred in my name.

I confirm that I am agreeable to submit the documents required for the same and to pay

the deposit for the equipment as per your terms.

I hereby undertake to indemnify M/s IOC/BPC/HPC against any claim by any other

person at a later date with regard to the transfer ofthe said LPG connection in my name.





Attached File : 568763357 lpg ann d.pdf, 568763357 kyc format hpgas.pdf downloaded: 2409 times

kedar (Owner)     13 December 2013

is there a way one can take legal advantage of such a document (noc) given by other sibblings in other legal matter related to property?

Vennila Kumar (Stenographer)     07 January 2015

The Bharat Gas connection is in my husband's name due to some circumstances, he is willing to transfer it to my name (wife). The gas company is asking for NOC. I would like to know that whether NOC is a formal letter addressed to the company by my husband or it is an affidavit to be signed by the notary. Thanking you in anticipation.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads