LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     16 March 2010

increasing claimed compensation?

I have filed a consumer case against a cell phone company.

Due to company's faulty service, i was without my cell phone for two months, so I filed the case. Now the first date of hearing is after two months. That is without my cell for this 4 months. And it may take another several months for the case to be sought out.


Since while filing the case, i was unaware that the date of hearing will fall at such later date and it may also take several months to get sought out, can I increase the compensation demanded during the proceedings of my case?


The first date of hearing is after 15 days frm now. Can i increase the compensation amount before even first hearing or should it be done on subsequent hearing. Also tell the procedure to do so.!!


thanks in advance.


 3 Replies

Devajyoti Barman (Advocate)     16 March 2010

The time taken to finally dispose of the Claim has nothing to do with the amount of compensation. Ypu can however increase the amount of compensation but that would have to be done before the start of hearing of the case and that os to be done by amendment of petition.

1 Like

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     16 March 2010

You should buy another phone and start to use it.  You cannot keep on increasing your compensation in corelation to time that the forum would take for finalizing the matter.  As Mr. Devajyothi sir adviced you - if you feel what you have claimed is low and want to raise it do that before hearing through an amendment petition. 

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     17 March 2010

Kindly give to me the format of the amendment petition and also the procedure of filing it with relevant fees.!



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register