Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Income tax on money received after father's death

My father was a government employee. After his death, my mother received following amount in her account
PPF - 2200000
 GPF -2300000
EL - 500000
 Gratuity - 1900000
I  read somewhere that above amounts need not to be disclosed in itr as they are exceptions to Section 56(2) of IT Act. I just want to know do we have to show these while filing itr and if yes , where?


 1 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 July 2022

It is not a legal query.  Post this in lcaofindia online.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query