LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nilotpal.2012 (Student)     11 April 2013

Income tax for advocate

How one junior Advocate calculate his income for filing Income Tax ? Is it mandatory to file Income Tax when his income is below Taxable income ? In what process he calculate income ?


 2 Replies

M.R.K.PRASAD-Advocate (SELF)     13 April 2013

Junior advocate’s income may be by two ways.. Working with senior on salary basis or sharing basis or support basis.. If he is on salary basis income tax wl be calculated on salary amount and if his salary is below taxable income it is his option to file income tax returns.  If  it is sharing basis it may be treated as partnership if the deed is executed otherwise professional services rendering to senior.. If it is the case the income wl be treated as professional income.. In all cases if the income is below exemption limit it is option to file income tax ret turn.. we have to consider other tings like sale or purchase of assets above the value of 30 lakhs.. credit card payments like ..

Arhanath Patil (B.Com , CA-Final)     13 April 2013

If he is receiving the salary from someone, it will be chargeable under the head "Income From Salaries".

And if he is receiving Professional Fees for his services rendered , it will be chargeable under the head of "Income From Business or Profession".

It is not mandatory to file Income Tax when the income is below Taxable before claiming the deductions.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register