LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anu Sharma (software engineer)     20 May 2012

Income tax filing




I have changed my company on 2010 May. Hence, I had two Form 16 s for the year 2010-2011( i.e. assessment year 2011-2012). At the end of the year 2011, when I tried to do the tax filling, I had to face an issue that I have not paid tax fully. As there were two form 16s and according to that the tax exemptions was calculated twice of normal value. There was one guy who calculated with the proper tax exemption and it came around Rs. 5000 extra. He provided me one link also to pay that.

Due to some family problem and workload, I completely forgot the issue and payment of rest of the tax for the year 2010-2011. Now, without the full tax payment for the previous year, I can not do the tax filling for the same year. I want to pay the tax of the previous year and file it. I want to know the payment procedure and filling process.


 1 Replies

Sourav Chatterjee (Professional)     20 May 2012

It does not matter that due to non payment of previous tax you cannt file current year's income tax return.

you have to pay the remaining tax by  depositing income tax challan into bank or by net banking through www.tin-nsdl.com.

if you not filed the return for A.Y.2011-12, file it or if you already filed within 31st July'2011, revise it.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register