LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Income Certificate

When i was 17 years old & studying in My Graduation ,I applied for an Income Certificate in my Name.

The Income Certificate was issued but they Mentioned my Mother as a housewife, In reality she is a Government Servant

I never told or gave any details about my mother to the concerned Lekhpal

I only applied for income certificate in my Name with my details

I applied for it because my mother is a widow and was undergoing treatment for Cancer Disease & i was not taking money for my fees from her

The Certificate issuing authority issued the certificate with the Applicant being me but also mentioned my mother as a Housewife

I availed scholarship on the basis of that certificate throughout my course

Then in my future studies i never used that Certificate.

Query i wanted to know is

If i got a Government job in Future

Will i be terminated if someone complained about that certificate ?

Will i be prosecuted or exonerated if i chose to pay full scholarship fee back with Annual Intrest ?

Is there any remedy for me for my above misconduct ?


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 December 2023

Whoever, being legally bound to furnish information on any subject to any public servant, as such, furnishes, as true, information on the subject which he knows or has reason to believe to be false shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both;

The state from which i belong , Has in a GO stated that which calculating family income , ( Income of widow or abandoned woman shall not be included )
I applied for Income Certificate in my Name & never lied or gave in writing that my mother is earning less , The concerned certificate issuing authority included my mother's income in it ( which is obviously false ) , Can i claim relief on the basis of that GO if i faced problem which stated that Income of widow should not be included ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 December 2023

This probably should have happened quite long ago.

Since there is no problem on this so far, you can remain silent about it instead of reopening the issue and get trapped for your own mistake.

You should of thought about it t that time itself, there is no point in realising  that mistake now.

thankyou sir , but if someone lodged a grievance will i be having any defence ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register