LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek   09 July 2022

Inaction of court

I have a matter pending before a District Court and whenever the matter comes up for hearing either at the behest of a judge's clerk/Reader or due to inaction by presiding judge a next date is handed out and on each such next date the motion for next date is mentioned as "Final Arguments" .My counsel have already concluded final arguments (in my presence) however this handing over next date does not stop. The judge is reluctant passing any order either way.

The orders sheet entered into by the judge's clerk/Reader (पेशकार) is whatever they deem fit and has no semblance with what has actually happened in the court that day. The order sheet would sometimes mention as if we are seeking adjournment for that day whereas we are not seeking any adjournment.

What is remedy in these situations. Local counsel considers all of this as normal day to day functioning, I am though surprised how would a common man seek justice with such practices and delays. Delay in pronouncement of judgement is hurting me dearly.

Is there a time limit to number of times a matter could be adjourned before an order is passed. Are there other means before Higher Courts that can force the matter to be decided. Is anything possible to be done before the District Court itself that could lead to a judgement.

Learning

2 Replies

anubhav Bhatt   09 July 2022

Dear Client you should contact me then I'll elaborate properly about your case.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
Mobile 📱 and what's app 9198889990.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     09 July 2022

Hello,

Follow your advocate's opinion. However, ask the court and advocate to change the daily noting of the date. That matter is for order and it is adjourned by the court itself. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register