Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

In whose jurisdiction Anticipatory bail can be granted?

Page no : 2

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     09 March 2009

F.I.R. is not mandatory. Even when you apprehend that you may be arrested in a case you can apply for the anticipatory bail.

M. Sahul Hameed (Advocate Profession)     08 April 2009

F.I.R. is not necessary for seeking Anticipatory bail but there must be a reasonable appherension of arrest is sufficient.

M. Sahul Hameed (Advocate Profession)     08 April 2009

F.I.R. is not necessary for seeking Anticipatory bail but there must be a reasonable appherension of arrest is sufficient.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 April 2009

FIR AND COMPLAINT IS MANDATORY TO GET THE ANTICIPATORY BAIL FROM THE DIST., COURT IN WHOSE JURISDICTION OFFENCE IS COMMITTED OR WHERE THE COMPLAINT IS LODGED

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     08 April 2009

FIR AND COMPLAINT IS NECESSARY TO GET ANTICIPATORY BAIL.  DIST COURT HAS GOT JURISDICTION TO ENTERTAIN THE BAIL APPLN., IN WHOSE JURSDICTION COMPLAINT SI GIVEN OR FIR IS LODGED

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     08 April 2009

dear Rajeev,

with due respect to ur competence, registration of FIR is not necessary to seek anticipatory bail....not all the cases of blanket bail...court is supposed to segregate the frivolous petitions.

i must give u an example, in Punjab former chief minister sought concession of anticipatory bail from the high court even prior to the registration of any case against him and it was granted also.

feeling apprehension of arrest, on way back to India from Dubai, he got transit bail from the Delhi high court...and after reaching Punjab applied for fresh one in P&H high court.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     11 April 2009

Approach HC

advocate praveen (prop.)     14 November 2011

some one tell me if any accused filed anticipatory bail application in the jurisdiciton of the High court where he reside, while the offence committed in other state.  Then anticipatory application maintainable?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register