LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

victim (master)     22 November 2012

In how many days one come to know that a 498a or dv is filed

Respected members, I request you all to kindly tell me that normally in how many days and how one will come to know that a 498a or dv or maintenence either crpc 125 or other case is filed against him. in case of 498a will police directly registers a fir or some prior intimation or investigation is there to find out the correctness of complaint. if 498a is filed in her place (other state) then whats the procedure and if she comes to my place and files a 498a at my place then what is the procedure. do police consider jurisdiction before filing 498a as after marriage i or my family never visited their place. is there any possibility that they may have intimated the police or authorities earlier and complaint is kept in pending and they will trigger the same when they feel like doing the same. my in-laws and my wife's behaviour is very suspicious as they had not tried even for a single time for reconsilation in these 5 months of desertion, its me only who is putting all efforts and due to their noncooperation all efforts went futile. what precautions are suggested at this time to deal with any mishap. (married in jan 2012, wife deserted in june 2012 and no communication from their side till date and when i try to talk they mislead and avoids me)

also guide me that what type of evidences will help me in this case to prove that no dv happened and not at all a case of dowry. please help me.

thanks in advance

regards

victim.

Learning

4 Replies

i am from m.p and wife from maharastra

Never Give Up (Fighter)     22 November 2012

You will get summons from court in case of DV and maintenance and other cases...

In case of 498A you will get a call to appear before police station as 498A complaint has been filed... til then just chill ..

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     22 November 2012

Normally, Criminal cases are filed at the police station or court having jurisdiction of the police station where complainant resides. Hence, all the cases like complaint for 498A, maintainance under section 125 of Cr.P.C. and DV can be filed at the maternal place where your wife is residing now a days.

Now with respect to 125 and DV, they are filed in court and you will get summons from court before next date of hearing.

As far as, 498A is concerned, complaint is filed in police station and police will investigate the matter before  registering the FIR. They may enquire you through phone call or may require you to meet them or investigate through other sources.

If you have not done anything wrong, don't bother or get panic. You can defend your self through better legal guidance.

https://www.aegisjurist.com

https://www.facebook.com/aegisjurist

informing higher officals of police and state all details through registered post and through emails and submitting the detailed information letter about the desertion and indirect threats from inlaws and wife is of some use or not in such cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register