Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

av1   30 May 2022

In cheque bounce case , is accused/ defendant had to pay money in both civil and criminal courts

in cheque bounce case i as complainant have filed a case in civil and criminal court .....orders came in favour of me is accused/ defendant had to pay the amount in both the cases ................would order of 1 court would not overlap on each other 

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     31 May 2022

No, Decree in civil suit is for recovery of cheque amount, interest and cost of litigation while in cheque bouncing case order is for fine for commiting offence of cheque bouncing and compensation towards Mental and physical agony.

1 Like

av1   31 May 2022

OK SIR MEANS RECOVERY AND IN BOUNCE / DOBULE ( FINE AMOUNT) BITH COULD BE TAKEN BY COMPLAINANT SEPRATELY

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     31 May 2022

Yes,both civil suit for recovery of money  and criminal cases for cheque bouncing run together.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     31 May 2022

Had you disclosed to the Court that you are pursuing the remedy in both civil and criminal courts? Moreover, how you could exhibit the original bounced cheque in the both the proceedings? 

The facts posted are less than convincing.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 June 2022

Well analysed, opined and advised by experts, I agree.

What is your concern / problem / locus standi qua facts vis-a-vis query ?

Prima facie it is a hypothetical academic exercise, however, if it is a true story, did you consult your lawyer engaged / paid for the purpose ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register