Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

fighting back (exec)     02 August 2013

Importance of affidavit under oath

hi friends,

I want to know of how much importance is 'affidavit under oath'

acording to my knowledge, when someone doesnt have proof of mental cruelty in divorce cases, then 'affidavit under oath' is enough, and is considered 'truth' in court.

how much importance is the affidavit given in divorce cases, where the husband files for divorce based on mental cruelty, and files only affidavit under oath, as he doent have any other proof besides that.

request members to pls elaborate. thanks

Learning

8 Replies

NGOKC (pm)     02 August 2013

no value

you have to create proofs, thats harsh truth

Judge cannot grant divorces on one sided affidavit

498A__misused (Sec)     02 August 2013

NGOKC is right

2BHelpfull (Other)     02 August 2013

only affidavit on oath without any evidence has no value.

it can easily proved to be a wrong affidavit as no evidence is available . n for false affidavit u can be in big trouble.

fighting back (exec)     02 August 2013

@all, thank you all fory kind replies, appreciate your help.

want to know, in case of bedroom matters i want to say "denial of s*x" how would one prove it in court, we dont carry recording devices in bedrooms to record such matters, how would one prove that cruelty, where husband has been denied by s*x by wife. among other cruelty points, where i have evidences, this is one point which i also need to prove. how do i do that??

(Guest)

No affidavit is equivallent to proof and evidences.Hence,it is merely a supporting document needed prior to filling of any cases.

@ fighting back for your 2nd querry------the same question even Iam also searching and asked through my threads a time back but I haven't got any relevant replies.

I hope this time you may get.

Thanks,

A sufferer.....

fighting back (exec)     03 August 2013

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/How-to-prove-denial-of-s-x-by-wife-in-marriage-62766.asp

@sufferer...i found this thread in the forum, hope u find it usefull

(Guest)

Thanks dear----------it's quite useful as the insight given by tajjobs is very handy in this type of cases.

fighting back (exec)     21 August 2013

if affidavit under oath is of less or no value, then why is perjury given so importance if someone lies under oath?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register