LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

TARUN (sole prop)     27 September 2013

Import export code required for me to do business?

Hello Experts,


I am starting a sole proprietorship firm for web development business. My target customers are from European countries and therefore all the payments will be done by them in Euros or GB Pounds.

1. Does it mean that I am in a business of "Export of Services".

2. Do I need to apply for an Import Export Code (IEC) for doing business in India.

Thank you very much for your kind advice.


Best Regards,



 3 Replies

binay (advocate)     04 October 2013

no, it does not come under comodity, consult an advocate

Avadhesh Paliwal (advocate)     07 January 2014

dear tarun 

if you want to open and web development export you required the following thing.

first you open a proprietery firm in india with tin no and vat  and required the import export license from custom dept. for payment gateway...

there is nothing special execpt the import export license......

it is from the delhi and your region.

or if your turnover more than 15000 euro then you required the license.....initiially start your business with opening of proprietory firm..

if you required consultant then you can contact to me---9929166681----i will provide you the professional in document processing



avadhesh paliwal




CA Archana Yadav (FCA)     21 February 2014

Dear Tarun,

You do fall in category of Export of Services. However Import/Export code is not required for the services rendered by you. You only need to comply with RBI guidelines for earning the Forex.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query