LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeep (na)     29 August 2012

Illegal relationship with a minor

A joint family of 2 brothers living in a single roof with mother along with their wife and children. One of the wife (mother of a child), developed illegal relationship with a minor in the neighbourhood. Both were warned and left by the elders. Hushand is a well mannered, decent, good earning and thourough gentleman. When he got confirmed that the minor was again trying to contact, he called him and slapped decist from the same. After few days all the joint family members of minor have manhandled the husband. He reported to police, they also warned their family members and left. In this situations should be the correct course of action? Can husband go for divorse on this ground? What case can be booked against the minor?


 4 Replies

**Victim** (job)     29 August 2012

I doubt a minor could be punished under IPC 497 (Adultry Case). A minor is not adult enough to committ adultry.

Ranee....... (NA)     29 August 2012

You should go for divorce.Don't do anything to the minor as it is your wife who dont feel shame and guilty doing these things with a minor which is not aware whet he is doing.

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     29 August 2012

Whatever husband find better he can do in this matter as he has to live a life. But as per my view now a days minors between the age of 13 to 17 yrs knows everything. Even this minor might knows what he is doing with that major female. So I think minor should be punished for his act. If we don't stop him right now then he after being major tries to do same things and at that time we can't able to stop him. He might go on the wrong way also. Also parents of this minor don't want that their child be a criminal.


b man (Namaste)     30 August 2012


Dear Pradeep,


The wife is to be blamed. The wife is answerable to her husband, not the minor. The minor is not forcing himself on the wife, what is happening is with mutual consent.


Make the wife change her ways, or divorce her. I don’t think courts can punish a minor for this offence.


Warm regards

P.S: I'm not a lawyer

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register