LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kulwinder singh (officer)     23 February 2012

Illegal occupation of nri property

I am NRI and have discovered that my house and land (which were vacant) have been illegally possessed by my relatives while I was abroad. The property is on my name and so is electricity meter. Police is not registering FIR. What can I do?

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2012

Try by sending email/letter/fax/telegramme to Home Minister, DGP, and Commissioner of Police.

Approach NRI Sabha near to your location. They may accompany you to NRI thana. If nothing works approach a competent and experienced lawyer with all records.

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     23 February 2012

File a civil suit for recovery of possession.

If you are intersted in pursuing remedies under criminal law, send a written and signed report to the superintendant of police by way of registered post with ack. due.  Even if S.P. fails to respond, file a private complaint though an advocate.

(Guest)

You can directly approach the Criminal Court of the Metropolitan Magistrate who has the jurisdiction of the area where your property is located. You can either give a written complaint U/s 190 & 200 CrPC with some important evidences or you can opt for giving a verbal statement on oath and relevant evidences, which the Magistrate will place on record and  will then give instructions to police to investigate the matter U/s 156 (3) of CrPC.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 February 2012

It is civil nature case, so you will have to file a suit for possession.

rajesh tamil (technical)     24 February 2012

Dear sirs I am also  a NRI.  A Advocate who's a tenant is not vacating my house & not paying rent.he always complaining against my aged parents 79 years & 72 years. I also complained in the Indian consulate. there is no action on my request & petition.

my first lawyer also didn't filed the petition in court because  tenant & my lawyer are friends. The tenant submitted a injunstion case  & also false petition  against me.

The police also not issuing FIR against tenant. because Police is afraid of Advocate. The Advocate tenant may create problem to police by caro in police staion.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 February 2012

Learned experts/members have given valuable advice. Kindly follow it.

Former IPS Kiran Bedi's NGO

India Vision Foundation | Kiran Bedi

www.indiavisionfoundation.org

helps aggrieved to lodge FIR.

If you lodge complaint with DGP, and Commissioner of Police,NRI Sabha,NRI Thana it builds record in your favor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register