Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Joseph Stephen P   21 March 2023

Illegal graveyard

Dear sir,

Someone owing the land near my house burried his mother there during the period of Covid 19 as I was with my daughter in AN Islands & could not travel due to non availability of flight service. He has laid 2 black stones near his mother's graveyard one in memory of his brother who died in Yemen in 1986 & another one in memory of his father who died in 90s whose body was buried in a graveyard in the nearby church.

Made a compound wall closer to my home (just 3 inch gap) without any panchayat permission. I had complained this to Direcorate of Panchayat of Kanyakumari District. The director had sent a letter to Neyyoor Panchayat to take necessary steps.

This Panchayat Offiers have replied the Director stating that it is a Catholic graveyard and only the sub collector can take action on this.

Only one body has been burried i.e his mother only. How can it be a catholic graveyard. 

Kindly advice me what i can do to stop any body should not be burried here further.

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     22 March 2023

Report the matter to concerned local authorties, if no action or not satisfied with action taken you may move to jurisdictional civil court for a permanent and mandatory injunction.

You have also option to move to jurisdictional High Court in extra oridinary writ jurisdiction, to issue necessary writ to concerned authority / party.

It is advisable to contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for necessary proceeding.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 March 2023

The advice and the suggestions made by senior  expert  Dr. Vashista seems to be appropriate, I have no  opinion better than this , hence you can proceed as suggested.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register