LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajkumar Sheoran   15 July 2021

if wife live with other person what legal action should be taken.

My wife has filed a case of dowry and maintenance on me since January 2018 but till now there is no debate. she is living in another village with another person since 10th February 2021. I have informed that person that she is already married women. Please suggest me what legal action should be taken now that I can get rid of that woman. My next hearing date is 13th August 2021.


 4 Replies

Doveson (advocate)     15 July 2021

you can approach the family court in your area and ask for divorce on teh grounds that she is living with another man after making allegations of dowry harassment against you. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 July 2021

If you have conclusive evidence (which your lawyer can advise) her maintenance petition will be dismissed. 

Your lawyer is best and only person to advise as s/he is well aware about facts and circumstances of the case, an able, competent and intelligent to satisfy you and proceed, if you have faith in him/ her.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 July 2021

You can not take action against that man, but present such evidence of living together with the relationship of wife with another man and seek divorce without maintenance. Your advocate may suggest how to get such valid evidence.

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 July 2021

Have you apprised the Court of the alleged adultery on the part of your wife in defence of the maintenance petition.? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register