Upgrad LLM

if name change

Asst.Manager Business Solutions

Dear Sir/Mam,

I would like to know about the following points ,kindly suggest me on laws and legal regulations of Indian court.

 I am a widow  and has a apartment flat gifted from my maternal.

i have a case going on in court since 10years fighting for my sons rights, since he is the  heir of his father,s property share [father who is expired.] the property is in joined of three brothers of my late husband   and is mentioned in EC copy. this is  ancestors property.

my son is under 18 year.

   My question is

If i remarry and if my surname will  be changed, will i be continued to be my sons guardian  in property name till he is minor. since the  case is still running in court.

If i remarry  my surname will get changed and even my son's surname is changed will he get his share of his ex- father.[who is expired.]

once my surname is changed  to my new husband name, then will my new husband be eligible to getting equally rights in my property share  from  my  apartment flat.

kindly advise


Shobha Patil


If you remarry it will have no effect on your guardianship of your son. It is not mandatory that you should change your surname if you remarry. Even if you change your surname, the surname of your son will not change. His rights on property will not be affected either.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x