LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Najma Anwar   22 December 2023

If i submit forged document in civil court and then court make me exparte,will those documents

If I submit forged document in civil court and then court make me exparte,will those documents my wife can use to file IPC 467 in magistrate court?


Read more at:


 2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 December 2023

What is the civil suit in which you have filed this forged document, is it for claiming the property without any right in it?

Of course it is a civil relief, hence it cannot be relied upon for lodging a criminal complaint until and unless you had used this forged document to claim the same fraudulently direclty on the basis of the forged documents. 

Section 467 IPC mandates that –“Whoever forges a document which purports to be a valuable security or a will, or an authority to adopt a son, or which purports to give authority to any person to make or transfer any valuable security, or to receive the principal, interest or dividends thereon, or to receive or deliver.

Sanskriti Tiwari   22 December 2023

Submitting forged documents in court is a serious offense under various sections of IPC, including Section 467, which deals with forgery of valuable security, will, etc. Even if someone is submitting forged documents in a civil court but the decision is ex parte, it will not invalidate the illegality of the forged documents. The wife could potentially use these forged documents as evidence to file a complaint under IPC Section 467 in a magistrate court.

However, the admissibility of such evidence and the subsequent legal proceedings would depend on various factors, including the authenticity of the documents, the nature of the forgery, and other pieces of evidence presented.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register