Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KARTHIK V   05 September 2021

If brother cheats on father's property

I m Vanitha from banglore, setteled in Chennai after marriage.
my father died 10 years ago.
I have 4 elder brother and 2 younger brothers.
during my father's illness of last 2yesrs before his death, my eldest brother transferred the house documents to his name to make loan for my father's treatment.
now he is telling that the property belongs to him and others have no claim on it.
kindly advise please.


 3 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     05 September 2021

Serve him a legal notice challenging on his ownership on the property. Ask him to show the requisite papers and move accordingly. Please engage a competent Advocate in this regard.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     05 September 2021

Hello, Find out the property transaction documents from local revenue office or sub registrar office and challenge it before court. Please note that if it is self acquired property of your father and father himself tranasfer the property in your brother's name in that case it will be difficult to challenge the transaction.
1 Like

Shubham Bhardwaj (Practice)     05 September 2021

Dear Mr Karthik, I completely agree with the advise given by learned advocate Sh Pawar. Regards Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocte) District & Session Court, Chandigarh Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query