Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Md Shadab Ansari (Law Student & Human Rights Activist....)     02 May 2011

If anyone post news of newspapers in his blog will it amount to violation of Copyright?

If anyone post news from different newspapers in his blog will it amount to violation of Copyright?

Learning

9 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     02 May 2011

I think it is violation of copy right.

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     02 May 2011

no, given knowledge of any news without any pay is not  a vioation of copyright!

Jamai Of Law (propra)     03 May 2011

Well, ensure that you also "don't forget to post" .....  some comment about it ...........................or your opinion which shows that............................. your intension was not to reproduce it !!! .................. but  to express your thoughts and opinion about it!!!! :) :)

That's allowed !............................\

Don't just post / copy-paste......... or don't just post a scanned image of any new clipping.

Some of the experts treat as bland redistribution/reprinting/circulation/reproduction of the material.

At least use the background having a watermark or logo to recognise that 'original source is somebody else'

And posting you comment is better ( ;)  as a loophole!!! ............... "fair use for copyrighted material" the sake of expressing your opinion in this free world!!)

Md Shadab Ansari (Law Student & Human Rights Activist....)     03 May 2011

Thanks to all learned members.

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     04 May 2011

this question was posted in Expert Section. I have replied that a news item can not be property within the meaning of Copyright Act. But the manner of presentation of the news may.

1 Like

(Guest)

If you post it as a news feed (with some text and a link, or within frames that pull the info from the site of the newspaper but it actually appears to be on your site) then it's legal. Most newspapers allow (and encourage)  RSS feeds. Always cite the source and to be on the safe side, mention on your blog that copyright belongs to the sources listed. I agree with the views of palnitkar v v. 

Md Shadab Ansari (Law Student & Human Rights Activist....)     20 May 2011

Thanks Uma.

Rashmi Mohanty (Reading)     20 May 2011

If someone posts News from Newspapers on his own blog..........I don't think it is a violation of Copyright. I feel if anything copied from a valuable source and republished or reproduced  in the same way or modified with a intention to conceal the method of its origin, to gain wealth and honour...then it will be considered as a violation of Copyright.......Otherwise getting inspiration from a writing  and adding it for the well being of society and common general interest, will not be a violation of copyright.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     19 June 2012

Nicely explained by Rashmi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register