Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

richa (punjab)     10 June 2013

Identity proof issue

hi everyone

I have wrong  Date of birth   on my Id proof(driving license)....Agent  probably gave  wrong date of birth while applying  license .  At that time i was in teenage and was not much worried about legal issues  which can arise in future  .. Other details like name/father name/address  are correct ....now i have  following two questions .

1.I have opened bank account with same  id in past  .. Can bank Sue me for  providing  wrong details  ?

2.Can bank deny to give money i deposit  alledging that i have provided wrong details while  open account ?...

Please note that it was  technical/typing  error and no financial/commercial/tax  advantage have been taken by giving wrong  date of birth

Thanks  , Help will be appericiate 

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 June 2013

No, the bank cannot sue you.  You can show the bank any documents preferably govt document which has correct date of birth and the bank officials shall take an affidavit from you saying your correct date of birth is so and so and in proof of that I am submitting the above documents.  On the strenght of this, you can withdraw the moneis lying the bank. 

Sinultaneously, produce the above documents in the Road Transport Authority for correction in the Driving Licence. 

shanmugam (Admin Manager)     12 June 2013

Sir,

You have not informed  the following to offer my views.(My email id : shanmugam628@yahoo.co.in, MB 9841888978)

1. Your Correct date of Birth

2. Wrong date of birth.

3. Working  in Govt or private or  doing business

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register