Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


ideal legal instrument

learned friends,

where one of the sons purchased a property from his own funds but registered the same in the name of his mother, now that the mother is growing old, he wanted it to be transferred in his name. For that reason, please clarify  which is the ideal legal instrument for getting the property transferred in his name i.e., in favour of the one who paid consideration for the purchase of the same, without incurring stamp duties or with minimal stamp duty?

thanks you for sharing your valuable time and thoughts on the issue.

Radha Pyari.S



 2 Replies

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     19 March 2010

S.Radha Pyariji,

in my opinion the ideal instrument of transfer would be a GIFT DEED and get it registered before the concerned sub-registrar, where the stamp duty, registration fee etc would be the minimum when compared to the other forms of transfer.

N RAMESH. (Advocate Chennai. Formerly Civil Judge. Mobile.09444261613)     19 March 2010

I do agree with Mr.Ramakrishna

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query