LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

krishnarajpr (n/a)     10 June 2008

ICICI Bank and its rules

Recently I have taken a DD with ICICI Bank Limited Nungambakkam Branch for Rs.500 to enable to get an application and prospectus for 2008 MBBS seat.

Unfortuneately, the Selectiion Committe, has rejected to accept this DD and I was asked to take  a DD from any nationilsed bank.

When the DD already taken for Rs.500 with ICICI Bank was sought to be cancelled with the same ICICI Bank, they have charged a sum of Rs.112 as cancellation charges.

IS IT A DECENT PRACTICE. I am much pained to write this. I feel that we the public should joined together and stop such practices by Banks.

Our hard earned money is being looted by the ICICI like this.

Members, Your comments on this please.

Learning

7 Replies

Guest (n/a)     10 June 2008

I absolutely agree wit u ...... they seem to be takin the consumers for granted.. we as a consumer should be aware of our rights and should not take such things light.. i have really bad experiences at the bank often..

satish kumar dhaiya (manager( Law))     10 June 2008

If the services charges are unfair you may lodge a complaint with MRTP commission

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     10 June 2008

The cancellation charges are excessive and this amonts to deficiency in the service provided by the ICICI Bank. You may file a complaint against the bank before the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum of your area.

umapathi.s (Advocate)     10 June 2008

Dear, you are right when you say that your hard earned money  is looted by the bank like the ICICI bank. but still what  the bank has done is within its rights. the fee like the cancellation charges is applicable across all the customers equally. you should have gone through the   schedule of charges displayed in the branch notice or in the prominent place. these  bank charges  are approved by the bank and is likely to be revised every year. so, kindly go throguh the charges list before you want to avail the service from the bank. I feel neither the  MRTP nor the consumer forum may help you in this case. however you can refer the matter to  Department of Banking Supervision of RBI and highlight the excessive charges levied by the bank.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     22 June 2008

Rs..500/- were charged for cost + profit for issuing demand draft. Now for cancelling DD bank will be required to undertake procedure which entails cost of staff, system, etc.etc. DD cancellation charges are levied in nationalised banks also. Amount differs from bank to bank.  

kiranpothuri (area manager in stock broking company)     07 August 2008

exchange will be deducted only not his principle amount go for damages and mrtp .

nirav (Private)     11 August 2008

All Private Banks are alike. I had smilar experience with AxisBank where they have charged 396 Rs towards Cheque return charges. Can I too lodge complaint in MRTP.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register