LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karthik Rai (Account Administrator)     10 April 2012

I was arrested by police on false charges of playing betting


Hi All,

I am Karthik Rai from Bangalore. Last Sunday (8th April 2012) I was arrested by Yeshwanthpur police Inspector on False Charges. It was the inspector who framed me at 10:30pm in a lodge room.

The incident was as followed.

Me and My friends were watching a cricket match in a lodge room as few of my friend's friends had come from his native to see and purchase a 2nd handle JCB and he couldnt take them to home as they prefer drinking. The reason he had booked a lodge room is that we wanted to sit in a room & drink and also wanted them to stay back in the room not drive after drinking.

We were watching movie till then and one of our friend in the group wanted to know the score and we switched the channel to the SET MAX channel to see the score. I was not sitting and drinking with them. I had just entered the room 5 mins before the police came to the room and said that it was a raid as they have a information that there was Cricket betting happening in the room.

They had bought a beeda shop person who was in his shop doing business claiming that he is also along with us and he is collect money in his shop and then letting people inside.

The Raid what they said was made by 1 police officer and 2 constables. The police officer then said us to be in our place and take out things from our pocket. 

We were 3 people in the room

I took out My Wallet which had Rs. 215, One Mobile phone and my bike key

My Friend who has come from native to purchase a JCB had Rs.110

My 2nd Friend had Rs. 25,000 in his pocket as he has just closed his shop which is in the yeshwantpur market and come to meet these friends who had come from native.

The room was booked in my friend’s name they said that he has booked room for cricket betting and even arrested him he had no money with him.

The beeda shop guy had no cash in his pocket whom the police had bought from his shop.


They arrested all of us saying that we have been involved in the IPL match betting. Now as our mobiles and everything else was seized. The police Inspector took his mobile phone and recorded a video of the full scene where the cricket match was live on television and all cash was put on the cot forcefully with mobile phone.

Then they took us down and as the beeda guy did not have any cash in his pocket they went to his shop and took out his cash drawer and took out Rs.10600  which was his earning made for whole day doing business of beeda and cigarette.

They called Hoysala police patrol and took us in that vehicle to Yeshwanthpur police station at 11:30pm

We pleaded him not to frame us but it was not obliged. When the situation was going out of control I asked the inspector on what basis has he arrested us and he cant simple make me a culprit without me doing anything of such.

So the inspector said you speak too much of rule, you don’t know where you will land. I have recorded everything and I will make you contest to court. He also said you look like a rich parents child you will face thing for things you spoke just now.

I said whats wrong in questing what I have done wrong to get arrested. We had a argument and he told his officers that we should be booked in such and such case. Which is dint understand but it was section 78, 79 & 80 KP or something like that which has gambling and online betting stuff.

He dint release us on Police Station bail, we spent the whole night in the police station.

We got released around 2pm After noon next day (9th April 2012)

Now I have to go to the court and prove myself & my friend innocent and get the cash and mobile out along kindly let me know what should I do and how to go with it

I haven’t got any summons for the same I have got PF number what should I do now please help


 2 Replies

kiran (student)     05 May 2012

Please lodge a case in High court and challenge the case filed on you and act f police officer. you can also demand the monetary compensationn for embaraasment undergone and action against such police officers.

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     02 June 2012

Dear Freind,

Pls report this matter to the police commissioner, at Nrupathunga road,adjacent to the Reserve bank of india,take action against the erring p[olce officee, narratting all the facts.Daily from 3.30pm to 5.30pm, the complaint will recevived.They will take ummdeiate action in this regard.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads