LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore (engineer)     17 April 2013

I want my wife back

I married a girl after 2 years of love at my home infront of nobody, and it is not registered too. at the time our marriage I am 26 and she is 21 and she is studying, we felt like revealing this to all after our life settled in good jobs. Their parents are not aware of this marriage, she is now leaving me and going to marry another and she is engaged too.

I want my wife back, please help me


 5 Replies


Was there no witnesses or a Panditji?Either way,if she doesn`t want to continue the relationship,move on...Don`t waste your life on someone who doesn`t want to stay woth you

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     17 April 2013

find another woman

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     17 April 2013

You married the girl in front of nobody.......... strange.. that means the marriage itself is not valid. Bcoz no valid marriage can take place without there being someone around. Even in cases of customary marriage at least the necessary rituals have to be followed to make it valid and it requires the presence of others around.  Talk to her clearly. If she does not want to marry you legally then, forget the past and move ahead.

1 Like

Amit (NA)     21 April 2013

As a person with some conscience, I can't accept that this guy has to silently leave her and find another woman.


(1) They both got married (not clear if consummated) and are purportedly in love.

(2) She is turning out to be a cheater

(3) The guy that she's getting married to is not only being cheated but is getting a bad wife


It's clear that you have been cheated (may not be legally but you know it as a fact). You should not let it happen to any other man especially that guy that she's getting married to. At the same time, you should not get into any legal trouble.


Some of the remedies depending upon your stamina to fight as a man

(1) You enjoyed her for two years, just leave her and her fiance to their fate and move on

(2) Inform all the families involved about your marriage, present the photos if any (to her fiance too) and try to resolve it.

(3) If you have any faint of evidence of marriage, take it, file a case. There'll be counter cases but they won't last long bcos the girl wants to move ahead in life

Amit (NA)     21 April 2013

This is my last response which is mostly based on my emotions.


It's the female who was disrespectful towards the man here. She married and now she found some other nice guy and wants to repeat the same. And I am the one who's being disrespectful?


She's wife and not a live-in partner that she can walk away. And what do u mean "female gets to make the choice"? Not in marriage.

Yes, legally this guy may not have much case. She switches between men and that's in modern terms is "moving on". Just imagine what would the girl have done had the girl/guy roles were reversed and the guy "moved on".
And exposing the marriage and her cheating character is not "troubling her" but bringing out reality. He wants his "wife" back and not his "girl friend".


As I said before, it depends in the guy's conscience and his stamina and will to fight. For him, justice is either he gets the girl back (in case both love each other and she's being forced into another marriage) or tells the world what she is. Moving on is cowardly but I guess, we Indian men are afterall cowards.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query