LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar (Advocate)     11 November 2016

I T Returns of husband

For the purpose of maintenance, in what way and from where a wife can lawfully get the Income Tax Returns of her husband?


 7 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     11 November 2016

Vijay please put full fact of case to get solution for it.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai     12 November 2016

From IT Department through RTI Act.




Zoheb Khatri

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     12 November 2016

From Income Tax Dept rthrough RTI application you'd know  oodlesof information regardig her husband's IT returns and  related income.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum..

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 November 2016

Please post the material facts. Anyhow, the information could be obtained under RTI. Even other wise, the Court can direct the requisite information to produced, if relevant.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 November 2016

As per CIC decision, Income tax returns are personal information.   As per HC judgments, the spouse can seek through concerned court the income of his/her partner.

Through RTI, one can not get information on IT Returns.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     12 November 2016

One cannot get information on IT Returns from IT Department under RTI Act.

Court of appropriate jurisdiction can call for details stating reasons therefor

A walk alone (-)     14 November 2016

Please click thank you button for Ms Usha Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register