Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

girish patil (-)     04 January 2010

I O ( investigation officer )

By which way I put pressure on IO for filiing chargesheet? In a case relating to forgery of document, IO has not filed chargesheet. FIR was registered in 2007, till date IO has not filedchargesheet under poleticasl pressure.Please sujest.


 12 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     04 January 2010

File a petition before High Court under section 482 Cr.P.C and seeki appropriate directions. 

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     04 January 2010

i agree with Mr. Parkash

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     04 January 2010

Are you complainant or accused?


If you are accused then you are not needed to attend the court  till the filing of the charge-sheet. for this purpose, you move an application before the trial magistrate and undertake to appear immediately on issueance of the notice by court after submission of the charge-sheet. Court shall definitely provide you exemption.


If you are a complainant then you should file a complaint under section 200 Cr. PC and should move forward.

oasisgrp (ngo)     05 January 2010

I agree with rajkumar

shrikant chede (law officer)     05 January 2010

I agree with rajkumar

shrikant chede (law officer)     05 January 2010

I agree with rajkumar

sunil pagare (lawyer)     06 January 2010

As per Cr.p.c Trial Court cannot interfere in investigation I o Can take his own time for completing crime  investigation & file chargesheet  & it is for benificial for accused  H C can direct to the state for proper investigation. File petition in HC .


You have not stated the list of sections of I.P.C./other Acts mentioned in the F.I.R. Can you please tell them now? The maximum time taken for laying Charge Sheet is clearly stipulated in the Cr.P.C. and it depends upon the length of punishment prescribed under the I.P.C.

girish patil (-)     14 January 2010

I m adv for complenant, and filed a com. u/s 200 fo Cr. P. C.,

Comp. is u/s 463, 468 of  IPC. One poletical group trying to grab the trust.

Please, can u guide me, can I do any thing against IO under any act like Bomaby Policae Act.

Please advice.

girish patil (-)     14 January 2010

Thanks Sir. Please guide me, I m wiling to do somthing against the IO, becouse he is willfully dilaying in filing chargesh*t , I also forwarded a application to S.P., Commissioner, State Home Minister of Mharashtra, but its not becomes froutful. I have filled a complaint u/s 200 of Cr. P. C., trail court has given order to treat my complaint as FIR u/s 463, 469,471 of IPC. in 2006. Can I do anything under Bomaby Police Act.


Since it is a private complaint U/s.200 Cr.P.C. the Learned magistrate would have refferred the complaint to the concerned Police station U/s. 156 Cr.P.C.  for Investigation, and also would have fixed a date for its return, If so when the delay is to much, You can file an application before the magistrate for sending a reminder to the police station... That's all-- But in the Private complaint  Police may not file charge sheet, Only a report would be filed. The cognizance would be taken by the court,after leading the evidence by way of sworn statement,later Private complaint would be taken as Criminal case and summons would be issued to the accused persons. I agree with SUNIL PAGARE TRIAL COURT CANNOT INTERFEREWITH THE INVESTIGATION. ONLY REMINDER IS PERMISSIBLE.

girish patil (-)     22 January 2010

Thanks sir, in this case trial court ordered to " treat this complaint as FIR" and FIR has been registered. All sectinons are non bilebale, court also granted applicatin for arrest to accused, but IO willfuly doing "nothing" in this case. Somany reminders have been issued by trial court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads