LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohan K (Manager)     15 January 2012

I need immediate legal help

I got an ecommerce website made by a website developing company and the same company was engaged for SEO and also for our web hosting. The website was launched in January 2011. Soon it was realised that their search engine optimisation (SEO) skills were not good and their SEO services was stopped in August 2011. We engaged another company for SEO but we noticed terrible dip in the new orders and also the website traffic.

In December 2011 we decided to host the website on our own server and asked for all the files of the website from the website developer. After great difficulty we managed to download the files but there were files in encoded and corrupt version due to which the new host is not able to host the webiste at all. Website developing company is not cooperating and saying we have sent you all the files BUT these files are of no use as their few important files are corrupt due to which its unusable for my current host. The website is down now because the website developer didnt give us all the proper files.

I think under section 65 of the IT act 2000 this is the case of TAMPERING WITH COMPUTER SOURCE DOCUMENTS .

I have paid for this website in full but why is this company harassing us so much for our own intellectual property. Meanwhile i took help from some outside developer to detect the error and the kind of observation they made initially was shocking. It seems the website development company has made formsin the software whereby all the order copy and mail go the owner of the website development company. They have also put code on the website whereby it should not be detected by Google. They have also noticed our vital company information was being stolen and being passed on to other competeting websites.

I would like to know, what are my rights and how do i proceed with this case. As i would like to definitely take the Director of the company to court and need to know under what all sections can i book him.

Regards,

Varun   

Learning

1 Replies

Shri Niwas Meena (Agriculture )     07 May 2015

On 18.08.2008 a man of my village was dead in an accident and villagers had participated in protest to arrest the accused person and also decided not to accept the dead body of till the satisfactory reply is received from administration. There was an incident was happened on the same day in police station (violance etc.) from public as well as some of the villagers (it cannot be said exactly as no physical presence of mine as well as of my father was there.) A FIR was got registered from police side and name of my father was registered as accused. But in acutal, he was not present at the site becasue he was undergone that time from the treatment of tuberculosis. Now, investigating officer insisted him to provide witness (from 05-08 persons) about non presence of him. Please guide me to the action to be taken by me in this situation.  It is not possible to provide the witness as most of the villagers were registered as accused and remaining are against with my family and they will not agree to give witness.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register