Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

I have resigned from csc but my hr is harassing me

Hi,

I have worked with CSC for 1.5 years and recently resigned from  my company requesting them to release me with in 20 days against the normal notice period of 2 months. I offered them to buy out my notice period as well and informed them that it is due to some family issues that I have to resign. I was threatened by the HR to serve my notice period or else they will show me "absconding from duty" and my exp letter will show "terminated" ...post that I started my communication thru a chain mail to all the higher officials in the organisation and they offered me to go for a long leave from Aug 5th 2011 and  3 months LWP and if I want I can resign post tht...which I declined and have not heard from them ever since.

The last mail that I sent to them was on 1st Aug,2011 stating that 5th Aug 2011 will be my last day of working..they didn't respond to that email..I submitted my i card and all the other keys and locker possessions on 5th...sent a good bye mail and left from work..considering the fact that even my manager acknowledged the recieving of all these formalities and spoke to the HR for the buy out of my notice period (which was turned down..with no concrete reason )

Now, after I am no more a part of CSC I recieved an email from the hr on my personal email id stating that disciplinary actions will be taken against me if I donot resume my duties within 3 days as I am on unapproved leaves.

Kindly suggest what should I do now... It has become more of an harassment for me....

Learning

19 Replies

(Guest)

I have already trained the other resource to back fill for me

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2011

Before you effected your resignation you have cared to act in a responsible manner and avoid any loss to company.

-You have cared to properly inform the management that due to family issues you are resigning. Family issues can compel an individual to give up his earning source. Family is a priority. Otherwise who shall leave his job and earnings? You have not absconded or kept management in dark. You have not maintained any communication gap.

It is the HR which is maintaining studied silence and has not replied to your representations as posted by you.

-You have cared to tender notice and cared to offer notice pay for the shortfall in the notice period. Looking into the conduct of the company ( read HR) you may ask them to adjust the amount in your F&F @ basic pay.

-You have cared to train the other resource to back fill for you, before you effected your resignation. You have executed your duty with inner sense of responsibility towards your employer company. This resource person/your replacement must have been chosen and provided by authority/immediate superior/reporting authority in your company, hence your company has agreed in principle to find your replacement and get him trained by you.

Resource of management or representative of the management provided to you is your immediate superior/reporting authority. You have executed your responsibility by keeping him in confidence and properly informed. Your reporting authority has agreed in principle and concurred to your inability to continue with your job due to family issues and has represented to management.

You should obtain a communication that you have trained the replacement and completed all tasks and nothing is pending at your end.

-You have cared to submit all the company property and your authority/immediate superior/reporting authority has agreed in principle to complete this exit formality and conducted the exercise of receiving company property and issued you the acknowledgment.

Thus your conduct is good and appreciable.

You have posted:

-         “That they offered me to go for a long leave from Aug 5th 2011 and  3 months LWP.” This is surprising and is a bad conduct. What benefit company (read HR) shall get if you remain at home and do not attend office? The demand is illogical and unreasonable, unfair and if the situation arises you may term it illegal. Was it communicated to you in writing? If so keep it safe in your file.

-         “I was threatened by the HR to serve my notice period or else they will show me "absconding from duty" and my exp letter will show "terminated" ...post that I started my communication thru a chain mail to all the higher officials in the organization.” Hope you have marked your attendance for each day. Hope you have lodged your complaint/grievance on this threat in writing.

Company can chose to terminate even after the resignation is submitted, however employee can also chose to contest/agitate/protest and approach court of law. In your case your conduct has been responsible. If the management has a right to terminate then it does not mean that it can be used to coerce and threat.

You are within your rights and name the individual who has issued such a threat to you and make him appear in person. Management has to own or deny his aversion.

-         “I recieved an email from the hr on my personal email id stating that disciplinary actions will be taken against me if I donot resume my duties within 3 days as I am on unapproved leaves.”

You should issue a concise, precise, strong/stern reply that you are not unapproved leave.

The email demonstrates sick and zealous mindset of the individual(s) who have decided to dispatch this email and the higher management/promoters if they own this communication. Although this approach is prevalent this is condemned.

It is clear that it is HR which has gone to this extent. This email must have been signed by name by concerned HR personnel.

You should submit a formal resignation and a letter, under acknowledgment by redg/speed post explaining all the events in a gentle tone, addressed to your appointing authority, MD/CEO, Chairman, HR Head, and Company Secretary, and ask their good offices to intervene and supply you acknowledgment of your resignation, acceptance of your resignation, F&F, service certificate, conduct certificate (with good conduct), relieving certificate, settlement of you’re a/c and payouts, form 16, PF accumulation reports, PF withdrawal/transfer forms, etc and to withdraw the email dated…..signed by Mr……designation………department HR……….immediately and thus provide you relief. If you or your elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm deem it fit you may add that, failing which you shall be constrained to initiate legal action at the cost and consequences of the company.

It shall be appropriate to consult a competent service lawyer.

You can approach o/o labor commissioner with your greiviance.

1 Like

(Guest)

Hi...Please send me your email addess so that I can forward you the chain mail and all the acknowledgments tht I have.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 August 2011

Kindly make a file and post in forum. Thus the learned experts and members shall be able to assess the contents and advice you.

In the meantime arrange to send a suitable reply to HR and clarify that you are not on unapproved leave. This email may a part of the process to declare you absconding or it may be hoax.

(Guest)

The mail sent by the HR recently:--

To: Tarun Mehrotra <tmehrotra2@csc.com>; tarunmehrotra28@yahoo.co.in

Cc: Neeraj Arora <narora4@csc.com>; Duraimurugan Kuppusamy <dkuppusamy@csc.com>; Surabhi Sunanda <ssunanda@csc.com>

Sent: Monday, 8 August 2011 3:40 PM

Subject: Fw: Good bye!!- Unauthorised absence

Hi Tarun, It has been brought to our notice that you have submitted your i-card on 6th Aug 2011. Your "good bye" mail also clearly shows an intent of not coming to work henceforth. Please note, as per the policy and terms and conditions of employment (agreed to and accepted by you at the time of joining), you need to serve the notice period. Last working day assigned to you by your manager and in line with the policy is 19th september 2011.   Please report to work  within the next three days, else we will be forced to take a disciplinary action for unauthorised absence and non fulfilment of terms and conditions of employment. Regards,

Manisha Anand

GIES-Human Resources

CSC  India

Tel: +91-120-6704729 I manand4@csc.com

DLF IT Park ,  A-44&45 , Sector 62, NOIDA-201301.

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose • Computer Sciences Corporation India Pvt Ltd • 7th, Floor, Block 1B, DLF IT Park, Sivaji Garden, Nandambakkam Post, Ramapuram, Chennai-600 089.

----- Forwarded by Manisha Anand/IND/CSC on 08/08/2011 03:32 PM ----- 

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC@CSC, Kothandaraman Karunagaran/IND/CSC@CSC, Neelam Gill Malhotra/IND/CSC@CSC

Cc:

Duraimurugan Kuppusamy/IND/CSC@CSC, Manisha Anand/IND/CSC@CSC, Neeraj Arora/IND/CSC@CSC, Pranav Kumar/IND/CSC@CSC

Date:

08/06/2011 12:24 AM

Subject:

Good bye!!

Dear All,

Time has come to bid farewell and express my gratitude to you for giving me an excellent opportunity to work with you during my tenure with CSC. It has been an experiential journey, with great learning and lot of fun. After close to 1.5 years with CSC, I have decided to move on and today being my last day at work I wish to thank you sincerely and let you know that your support meant so much to me. Special Thanks to my manager and the HR team for being cooperative and exempting me from the notice period of 60 days. Your guidance helped me do my work with a lot of enthusiasm and confidence, 

Your challenges helped me improve with every step and taught me perseverance,

Your encouragement helped me achieve milestones,

Your appreciation helped me experience joy and pride,

Your training sessions helped me in performing well and

Your friendship and warmth helped me to laugh and enjoy the time !

I feel privileged to have worked with you and want to let you know that you have hugely contributed in making my stay with CSC so very memorable and worthwhile. Though this is probably the last mail that I am sending you from this id but, hopefully this will not be the last interaction that I would be having with you. Stay Happy while Missing me,  !!

Tarun Mehrotra

Associate Engineer - Tech Support

CSC 

A-44/45, Sector-62, Noida-201301, UP, India

Application & Technology Services Group 

Tel: +91 120 4705038  |  Mob: +91 997 100 3927 |  

tmehrotra2@csc.com  |  www.csc.com

CSC • This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery.  NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind CSC to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose • Computer Sciences Corporation India Pvt Ltd • 7th, Floor, Block 1B, DLF IT Park, Sivaji Garden, Nandambakkam Post, Ramapuram, Chennai-600 089.

(Guest)

My reply:---

Hi Manisha,

This is to bring in your notice that I resigned from my services and my last working day was Aug 5th, 2011.It is highly astonishing that you have sent across this mail knowing all the details as I am sure you did recieve all the emails which I had sent as you were copid on them and also you could have checked with my manager as I had completed the Knowledge Transfer sessions or with facilities as I had surrendered everything in my possession.

Please go through the mails below which clearly mentions the details of my resignation and the fact that the Manager HR, you, my Manager and my Senior Manager were all in loop.

The last mail that I had sent across was on 08/01/2011 mentioning that I won't be able to accept the option of 3 months LWP post Aug 5th,2011 offered by Surabhi  and that my last day in the organisation will be Aug 5th, 2011 to which I didnot receive any denial. Moreover, the management was already aware of the circumstances I am in and hence had in a way accepted the fact that I won't be able to come to work post 5th Aug , 2011 by offering me 3 months LWP post Aug 5th,2011 and offering me to rejoin (if possible) in that duration (which I declined) so calling it "unauthorised absence" doesn't make sense.

I would also like to highlight the fact that my manager had accepted my resignation as you can see in the mails below and gave me the confirmation of recieving  2 DuPont RSA Secure ID tokens which clearly means he was well aware of the fact that Aug 5th was my last working day and since I submitted my ID Card on the same day you cannot take any disciplinary action for unauthorised absence and non fulfilment of terms and conditions of employment.Moreover, I have not signed any bond with CSC which can be held against me the the future but I have all these mails to prove my intentions and prove the fact that my case was not dealt properly by the HR and I was threatened again and again mentioning that I will be terminated and it will show "absconding from duty and terminated" on my experience certificate which in a way means that my entire tenure in CSC will go for a toss.

So, in case there are any disciplinary action against me it is not acceptable and the same can be proved by the law as well.

DuPont Tocken and headset

----- Forwarded by Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC on 08/05/2011 11:33 AM ----- 

Neeraj Arora/IND/CSC

To:

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC@CSC

Cc

:

Bhagwan Singh/IND/CSC@CSC, Ram B Jha/IND/SC/CSC@CSC

Date:

08/05/2011

11:31 AM

Subject:

Re: DuPont Tocken and headset

Received. 

Thanks & Regards, 

NEERAJ ARORA

Manager, Global Infrastructure and Enterprise Services

CSC

A-44/45, Sector 62, Noida, UP - 201301, India

Global Infrastructure and Enterprise Services|

t: +91.120.470.2890 | m: +91 9811647155 |

narora4@csc.com |www.csc.com 

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Neeraj Arora/IND/CSC@CSC

Cc:

Bhagwan

Singh/IND/CSC@CSC, Ram B Jha/IND/SC/CSC@CSC

Date:

08/05/2011

08:59 PM

Subject:

DuPont Tocken and headset

Hi All, 

I have returned 2 DuPont RSA Secure ID tokens back to my manager (Neeraj Arora) and have also returned the Telephone headset in NMG to Ram B Jha. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

Locker Key Returned

----- Forwarded by Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC on 08/06/2011 10:07 AM ----- 

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Anurag K Pandey/IND/SC/CSC@CSC

Cc:

BMS

Noidatowers@CSC

Date:

08/06/2011

05:23 AM

Subject:

Locker key returned

Hi All, 

I have already returned my locker keys yesterday to the security room and surrendered my locker as 05/08/2011 is my last working day in the office. 

Can you please reply to this mail as the confirmation of the same. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

Resignation Chain Mail : -

----- Forwarded by Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC on 08/01/2011 03:42 PM ----- 

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC@CSC, Kothandaraman Karunagaran/IND/CSC@CSC, Neelam Gill Malhotra/IND/CSC@CSC

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Kuppusamy/IND/CSC@CSC, Manisha Anand/IND/CSC@CSC, Neeraj Arora/IND/CSC@CSC, Pranav Kumar/IND/CSC@CSC

Date:

08/01/2011

03:39 PM

Subject:

Re: Fw: Resignation

Hi Surabhi, 

After going through the last mail that you have sent me, it clearly indicates that rather than understanding my situation the management is considering it as a emotional pressure on HR and management which is very disappointing and least expected from a company as reputed as CSC where Employee Relation and Satisfaction matters more than anything else. I would further like to add that during my tenure in CSC I was always told that all the policies of the company are employee friendly and are framed to ensure employee benefits but the actual situation is far from that, I am being forced everyday (the chain mail can be checked to confirm) to serve the notice period in spite of my repeated requests of exemption due to my personal commitments while there has been no communication regarding my last day at work. 

As informed you earlier as well that due to the confidentiality of that court document my attorney is not comfortable disclosing it to CSC and also I can not put my detailed family information on stake as being a family matter the document has a lot of details I do not want to discuss or showcase publicly. Hence I would not be able to share any documents with CSC. 

I really appreciate the effort taken by you for providing me with a option of 3 months LWP. I am not showing any interest in the offer that you gave me as first of all I have already been specifying I am uncertain about my future commitments so don't know if I will ever come back to Delhi or not and in that case I won't be able to spend weeks in discussions as it is happening now and secondly I don't want to leave any documentation pending in Delhi which might incur legal hassles later as due to the kind of situation my family is going through I can't leave my parents alone and come to Delhi. I am cooperating and extending my support by creating a backup and training him all by my own even when no one is there to support me. 

Also, highlighting the words from your previous mail "Please note that this is not a threat (as you have been loosely terming it), but as a HR person, I need to inform you about the consequences of your planned action." I would like to share with you the communication between me and Manisha, when I informed her about my last working day and my inability of serving the notice period Manisha told me that ,"Even though you are resigning on July 18th, 2011 mentioning that your last day at work will be Aug 5th,2011, we won't accept your resignation as you are not serving 60 days notice period and if you fail to report to duty in the span of those 60 days you will be marked as an Employee Absconding from duty & would reflect as Termination later on your experience letter which will impact your overall career", which as per my knowledge is not a very decent way of putting things across to an employee whose association with the company has been more than 16 months old. However, I would like to emphasize on the fact that I should not be forced everyday to serve my notice period as I am already undergoing so much of mental stress and these are adding to it. Moreover, overlooking my family's financial situation I am ready to pay for the recovery against my notice period shortfall as a compensation for not serving the notice period, which is also permitted by law under U.P. Labour law. 

I would request you to kindly release me effective Aug 5th,2011 as I won't be able to continue with my services to CSC beyond that. Kindly exempt me from my services effective Aug 5th, 2011, your cooperation will be highly appreciated. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC

To:

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Kuppusamy/IND/CSC@CSC, Manisha Anand/IND/CSC@CSC, Neeraj Arora/IND/CSC@CSC, Pranav Kumar/IND/CSC@CSC

Date:

08/01/2011

08:36 AM

Subject:

Hi Tarun, 

Please understand that we cannot take exceptional decisions on major policy deviations based on emotional pressure you are putting on HR and management. 

You have failed to submit any evidences to support your personal situation. Your personal details are of no interest to us. A copy of the court order is required for us to take a decision and for our records. We can assure you about keeping the details confidential. You need to show the original court order to just Manisha. We will retain only a copy of it for records with all personal details blocked out. 

You are not trusting neutral company representatives with your records. In such a situation, we are forced not to make any deviations for you. 

As an organization, we are flexible to offer you an option of LWP, take the risk and the associated liabilities. We have no issues if after three months, you fail to join back due to unresolved personal issues. But you are not cooperating on very flimsy ground. 

As per company policy and process, incase you leave before the last working date approved by your manager, in accordance with terms and conditions of your employment offer which you accepted and the business situation, we will be forced to take the required disciplinary action. Please note that this is not a threat (as you have been loosely terming it), but as a HR person, I need to inform you about the consequences of your planned action. 

Regards,

Surabhi Sunanda

Senior Manager, Human Resources

CSC

A44 / 45, Sector - 62, Noida, UP - 201301, India

Applications & Technology Services Group | T:+91.120. 470.4776 I Extn. 70 4776

ssunanda@csc.com | www.csc.com 

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC@CSC

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Date:

07/29/2011

10:54 PM

Subject:

Hi Surabhi, 

I really appreciate the effort taken by you in helping me. However, I cannot give you the court document as advised by my attorney as I have an ongoing court case on my ancestral property as well and this result was a part of that case which is still being debated on and being a family matter has a lot of detailed information about our family matters which I am not comfortable disclosing. It is due to these unavoidable circumstances that I can't even leave my parents alone. 

Just to bring in to your notice, I did try to extend my support and cooperation towards the company and have been coming to work in spite of the kind of tensions going on in my personal life and completing all the work aligned to me. I have also been in conversation regarding the same with the management since 18th of July but didn't get any positive response from them and was rather threatened (even though you have resigned on 18th July it will be considered as Employee Absconding from duty & would reflect as Termination) for serving my notice period and hence I contacted you. I am not showing any interest in the offer that you gave me as first of all I have already been specifying I am uncertain about my future commitments so don't know if I will ever come back to Delhi or not and in that case I won't be able to spend weeks in discussions as it is happening now and secondly I don't want to leave any documentation pending in Delhi which might incur legal hassles later as due to the kind of situation my family is going through I can't leave my parents alone and come to Delhi. 

I would request you to kindly accept my resignation as under no circumstances will I be able to serve my notice period. Moreover, I am not asking you to waive off my notice period for which I need an exception, even though my financial condition is unstable but still I am ready to pay for the recovery against my notice period shortfall as a compensation for not serving the notice period if required. 

Kindly start my FnF procedure effective Aug 5th,2011 as that will be my last day of work, your cooperation will be highly appreciated as under no condition will I be able to extend it further. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC

To:

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Date:

07/29/2011

10:23 AM

Subject:

Hi Tarun, 

We do understand your personal situation, but you are not cooperating with us. You have not given us the requested supporting documents (court order). 

We have given you the option of LWP for three months and we are flexible to review your situation post 3 months. However, you are not exercising that option for no particular reason. 

In such a situation we are not convinced that we should make an exception and release you before the required 2 months notice period. 

Regards,

Surabhi Sunanda

CSC

Applications & Technology Services Group | T:+91.120. 470.4776 I Extn. 70 4776 | M:+91 9873150758 |

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Date:

07/28/2011

08:06 PM

Subject:

Hi Surabhi, 

This is to thank you for the support extended by you and really appreciate the fact that you are trying to work out options for me. However, I wouldn't be able to proceed on leave without pay (LWP) as I am not sure about the time it will take for me to settle my personal issues.Moreover, CSC has been a great organization to work with and I don't want to commit something I am not sure of as I know that the organization will plan for my back fill accordingly. 

Hence, would request you to kindly relieve me effecting 5th August 2011 as I don't want to keep anything pending in Delhi, and as you are well aware the property disputes are not that easy to handle I cann't afford to leave my parents alone in Mathura and travel anywhere. 

Again, woulde request you to start the procedure for my FnF effective Aug 5th, 2011 as I won't be able to continue with my services post that. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC

To:

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Date:

07/28/2011

03:58 AM

Subject:

Hi Tarun, 

In order to understand your personal situation better, I request you to show us the first court order and the last one which asked you to vacate your house by August first week. 

Considering your personal situation, instead of an early release, I suggest that you proceed on leave without pay (LWP) for 3 months. This will give you some time to settle personal problems. If the issues are sorted out, you can continue with your job in CSC and if the issues are not sorted out, you can resign that time. Since you are not planning to join any other company right now, this option will also give you a benefit of 3 months of extra work experience in CSC. In my opinion this is a great option. Please let me know incase there are any issues from your side about this option. 

Regards,

Surabhi Sunanda

CSC

Applications & Technology Services Group | T:+91.120. 470.4776 I Extn. 70 4776 | M:+91 9873150758 |

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Cc:

Duraimurugan

Kuppusamy/IND/CSC@CSC, Pranav Kumar/IND/CSC@CSC, Neeraj Arora/IND/CSC@CSC, Manisha Anand/IND/CSC@CSC

Date:

07/27/2011

10:41 PM

Subject:

Fw: Resignation

Hi Surabhi, 

As per our discussion earlier you are well aware of my case and the fact that for last 8 days I have been in constant touch with my Manager and my line HR to figure out the most appropriate solution for it. 

This is in continuation to the conversations that I had with my manager (Neeraj Arora) and line HR (Manisha Anand), in spite of knowing the situation I am in I can't see any support extended from them. I have been with this organization for the last 16 months and have always performed to the best of my abilities, even though my manager used to leave as per his shift I used to work as per my shift and work to ensure better client delivery. I have received appreciation from onshore as well which can very well define the commitment I have shown towards my work. In spite of all this today when I am going through a rough phrase in my life this is the last thing I expect from CSC, the company which has seen me grow, where I have spent around 16 months and have always tried to deliver more than what was expected from me. 

I have already been discussing this with my manager (Neeraj Arora) and line HR (Manisha Anand) since July 18, but I have not got a satisfactory answer or solution from any of them. Manisha Anand also told me that she would consider my case as "Employee Absconding from duty" and it would reflect as Termination in my relieving and experience letter. 

I tried to work out a possible situation with my manager yesterday and even though he knows about my financial condition he helped me and the option he offered me was to pay for the monetary recovery against the notice period shortfall and when I discussed with Manisha she snapped back at me saying that," It looks that you have some opportunity with some other organization and that is why you want to buy out the notice period which I won't approve of ",she denied saying that either you serve a notice period of 60 days or else you will not get your relieving letter and your experience letter will show that you were absconding from duty and were terminated later which should not be the case.  I have no intention to abscond from my duties as I value the experience and learning from CSC. 

I am already under stress due to my personal issues and these add on issues are making my life even more difficult for me. 

Kindly intervene and work out the most appropriate line of action for me as I am left with no options but to leave CSC. I cherish the time I have spent with CSC and want to maintain good terms with the organization in future as well. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

----- Forwarded by Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC on 07/27/2011 10:51 AM ----- 

Tarun Mehrotra/IND/CSC

To:

Manisha Anand/IND/CSC@CSC

Cc:

Neeraj

Arora/IND/CSC@CSC

Date:

07/27/2011

09:11 AM

Subject:

Resignation

Hi All, 

With deep grief I write to confirm that I am resigning from my position of Analyst - Service Delivery coordination with effect from July 22, 2011. 

My decision to resign was finalized after long and careful consideration of all the factors. 

With this mail I would like to brief you about the reason for my resignation as suggested by my line HR (Manisha Anand) and Senior Manager HR (Surabhi Sunanda). 

I have decided to resign on personal grounds and the reason being that my family has been asked to vacate the house in which we have been living for years, there was an ongoing dispute on our property and the verdict was out on July 4, 2011 stating that the present owner of the house would have to vacate the property by August 4, 2011 and this property will be sold and the amount will be equally divided between 7 brothers/sisters, which eventually will leave us with a small amount of share. My father filed a suit to nullify the last decision of the court but our lawsuit was over ruled on July 14, 2011 and the previous judgment by court became valid again. Under these unavoidable circumstances and after a very long discussion, along with taking into consideration our financial situation and my Parents age (my Father is 66 and my Mother is 61 years old and I am the only child ) we have decided to relocate with one of our relative in Mathura (Uttar Pradesh) and join our family business. It is a very tough time for me and my family mentally, physically and financially and I have to take care of my parents and support them now when they need me the most. 

The place my family is relocating to have no employment opportunity for me so I can’t request for a transfer nor do I know the time it will take for me to settle all the ongoing concerns with in my family. Hence, I am left with no other option but to leave CSC. 

Keeping in consideration these unavoidable circumstances I would request you to kindly accept my resignation and allow me to serve a notice period of two weeks and please relieve me from my services by August 5, 2011, so that I can complete all the other formalities in Delhi by August 6,2011 and leave along with my family and support them. 

I will ensure that I hand over all my responsibilities in an efficient way and try and finish the knowledge transfer session with in that period. I also intend to clear all my dues including the amount spent by the company on my MBA. 

It was a great experience working with CSC in the mentorship of my manager Neeraj Arora who has guided me throughout my tenure in the organization, and based on that I expect him to extend his support at the time I need it the most i.e."now" so that I can join CSC again in future once I am out of this rough phrase of my life. 

I would request you all to please help me on humanitarian grounds taking my current circumstances into consideration. 

Regards

Tarun Mehrotra

CSC 

----- Forwarded Message -----

To: Tarun Mehrotra <tmehrotra2@csc.com>; tarunmehrotra28@yahoo.co.in

Cc: Neeraj Arora <narora4@csc.com>; Duraimurugan Kuppusamy <dkuppusamy@csc.com>; Surabhi Sunanda <ssunanda@csc.com>

Hi Tarun, It has been brought to our notice that you have submitted your i-card on 6th Aug 2011. Your "good bye" mail also clearly shows an intent of not coming to work henceforth. Please note, as per the policy and terms and conditions of employment (agreed to and accepted by you at the time of joining), you need to serve the notice period. Last working day assigned to you by your manager and in line with the policy is 19th september 2011.   Please report to work  within the next three days, else we will be forced to take a disciplinary action for unauthorised absence and non fulfilment of terms and conditions of employment. Regards,

Manisha Anand

GIES-Human Resources

CSC  India

(Guest)

Kindly suggest what to do now?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 August 2011

-Kindly study your appointment letter. Is it mentioned that in case termination of employment contract by employee, employer shall not accept notice pay in lieu of notice period,

And employer can terminate the service of employee with immediate effect by paying notice pay.

-You have posted from your email dated 07/27/2011 addressed to Surabhi Sunanda/IND/CSC@CSC

“I tried to work out a possible situation with my manager yesterday and even though he knows about my financial condition he helped me and the option he offered me was to pay for the monetary recovery against the notice period shortfall and when I discussed with Manisha she snapped back at me saying that," It looks that you have some opportunity with some other organization and that is why you want to buy out the notice period which I won't approve of ",she denied saying that either you serve a notice period of 60 days or else you will not get your relieving letter and your experience letter will show that you were absconding from duty and were terminated later”

You have posted from your email dated 07/27/2011 addressed to Manisha Anand/IND/CSC@CSC

I have decided to resign on personal grounds and the reason being that my family has been asked to vacate the house in which we have been living for years, there was an ongoing dispute on our property and the verdict was out on July 4, 2011 stating that the present owner of the house would have to vacate the property by August 4, 2011 and this property will be sold and the amount will be equally divided between 7 brothers/sisters, which eventually will leave us with a small amount of share. My father filed a suit to nullify the last decision of the court but our lawsuit was over ruled on July 14, 2011 and the previous judgment by court became valid again. Under these unavoidable circumstances and after a very long discussion, along with taking into consideration our financial situation and my Parents age (my Father is 66 and my Mother is 61 years old and I am the only child ) we have decided to relocate with one of our relative in Mathura (Uttar Pradesh) and join our family business. It is a very tough time for me and my family mentally, physically and financially and I have to take care of my parents and support them now when they need me the most. 

The place my family is relocating to have no employment opportunity for me so I can’t request for a transfer nor do I know the time it will take for me to settle all the ongoing concerns with in my family. Hence, I am left with no other option but to leave CSC. 

I will ensure that I hand over all my responsibilities in an efficient way and try and finish the knowledge transfer session with in that period. I also intend to clear all my dues including the amount spent by the company on my MBA. 

You were a good and performing employee and that is why company had sponsored you for pursuing your MBA while in employment. You have received appreciations for the work done by you. Your intentions are good and you have offered to surrender notice pay (your manager has also agreed for it as posted by you), and even amount spent by company on your MBA, despite the financial constraints being faced by you. You have some compelling and pressing family exigencies which you have duly expressed to company in writing, and you are giving up your employment for family reasons and also since company has no office at the location where you have to shift with your parents.

Despite your elaborate explanations duly accepted by your line manager, it is one or more HR personnel who doubt that you are all set to join some other company, and based on this doubt HR has announced to you that they shall declare you absconding and   terminate your service. Their conduct is bad and zealous. They have threatened to spoil your good service and conduct record. Even if you are to join some other company you can not be stoppped or coerced or threatened.

You should submit a formal resignation by a letter and another  letter, under acknowledgment by redg/speed post explaining all the events in a gentle tone, addressed to your appointing authority, MD/CEO, Chairman, HR Head, and Company Secretary, and ask their good offices to intervene and supply you acknowledgment of your resignation, acceptance of your resignation, F&F, service certificate, conduct certificate (with good conduct), relieving certificate, settlement of you’re a/c and payouts, form 16, PF accumulation reports, PF withdrawal/transfer forms, etc and to withdraw the email dated…..signed by Mr……designation………department HR……….immediately and thus provide you relief.

You can seek an appointment with your appointing authority, MD/CEO, Chairman, HR Head, and Company Secretary, to explain the facts in person and seek relief from their good offices.

You should consult your elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm who can help you to draft a structured communication for your representation. Company can not block your service certificate. Company can sit on your relieving letter.

It shall be appropriate to consult a competent service lawyer. 

You can approach o/o labor commissioner with your grievance.

The valuable advice of learned experts and members is sought.

sam (na)     14 August 2011

Yes Tarun, I agree with you, HR in CSC is not supportive at all, specially "Manish Anand" for GIES.

I hope you win this fight. best of luck.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 August 2011

-From the email trail posted by you it is noted that CSC stands for :

Computer Sciences Corporation India Pvt Ltd • 7th, Floor, Block 1B, DLF IT Park, Sivaji Garden, Nandambakkam Post, Ramapuram, Chennai-600 089.

And the personnel Manisha Anand, is from

GIES-Human Resources,

CSC  India

Kindly check if GIES is:

another company,

or

an outsourced HR agency, given rights to write to employees of CSC from mail id of CSC

or

a division/another company/or subsidiary of  Computer Sciences Corporation India Pvt Ltd

What is the relationship of GIES and CSC.

-Manisha Anand

GIES-Human Resources

CSC  India

In email

Has written that “Last working day assigned to you by your manager and in line with the policy is 19th september 2011.”

Has your manager assigned this last working day to you in writing?

Kindly confirm if you have posted your representation in writing to your appointing authority, MD/CEO, Chairman, HR Head, and Company Secretary, and if you have received any reply in writing?

Sam has posted that “I agree with you, HR in CSC is not supportive at all, specially "Manish Anand" for GIES” thus raising question, protest on the style, conduct, approach, attitude of the HR personnel Manisha Anand GIES-Human Resources,CSC  India, whose email identity is Manisha Anand <manand4@csc.com>

You should represent asap to your appointing authority, MD/CEO, Chairman, HR Head, and Company Secretary and if deemed fit by you seek an appointment.

Kindly post the outcome in forum.This shall help many who visit the forum.

Adv. Priyadarshi (Associate)     01 February 2012

The mails of HR are certainly showing the intent to harass you. You are not serving the entire notice period but then you agreed to the alternative of compensating them.

Tarun, Consult some service matter lawyer and then file a case against them and make sure that they pay the price of their misdeeds.

My best wishes are with you.

(Guest)

Hi 

Can I delete this post as I have been asked to do that

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 March 2012

Has your greivance been resolved to your satisfaction or not?

(Guest)

no

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register