LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chaman Khanna (Director)     29 September 2014

I have lost my house registry paper, what now?

I have somehow lost the house registry papers, my father is unable to find them (although they arent stolen but misplaced)


we have all the photostats but the original registry is missing, what can be done now? What should be our next steps?

I am based in Ludhiana, any help would be greatly appreciated.


 2 Replies

Dibakar Ray (Advocate.)     30 September 2014

First file F.I.R to the concerned police station informing about the loss.

Get certified copy of the Deed from the concerned registry office.

v.sundaresan (advocate)     02 October 2014

you may approach with a request letter to the office where your property was registered earlier, through an advocate. The officials at the offices will inform the request of your's in the news declaring the request of you. As you did and could not lodge a police complaint (now also you cannot register a police complaint) your ADVOCATE MAY ADVERTISE IN ANY OF THE LOCAL NEWS papers regarding the lost of the original document. you should submit a declaration that you are the owner of the property and no lien on that.  After, two weeks of time, the registrar will check-up his office records to ascertain your status with the land/property.

On payment of required stamp duty, the registrar may issue a duplicate registration document, with your legal heir certificate, that you have no further claimants for the property.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register