LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hritik Kumar Tiwari   23 February 2022

I have a document of year 2002 related to land

My grandfather died in 2002, At this same time he had purchased a land in surat district, recently I found those Documents related to that. Now I want to know that whether this document is valid till nowadays. Should I move further to claim this land


 2 Replies

Palak batra   24 February 2022

Dear Querist,


In case no will has been left by the person, the rules of succession will come into play. As per the Hindu Succession Act, the property will devolve upon all the Class I legal heirs in equal proportion. The legal heirs will have to obtain a succession certificate from the court  for transfer of moveable assets (such a shares, mutual fund units, fixed deposits, bank accounts, PPF, insurance policies, bank locker, jewellery, stocks, demat account etc. )


The papers would be valid if there is no dispute with the property or documents of the property.




Anand Corpseed (Consultant)     25 February 2022

So till i can see you require to varify the title and also may be you require land survay you can choose a perticular attorney or lawyer or may be you can go for land varifiation services provide by professional companies such as they can help you. 

  • legal kart
  • legalsdocs
  • Corpseed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register