LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anand sharma   16 May 2020

i am having a problem with my neighbour

i am living in Durgapur.she is not allowing me to raise my boundary wall and telling in municipality the wall should be only 5ft tall and continuous fight and talk in arrogant way and everytime if we say something she calls for women from the para and making herself been innocent
what should i do ?
please someone call me so that i can elaborate more properly the proboem

Learning

10 Replies

Salil Dabke   16 May 2020

You should file civil suit for right to developments in your own plot
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     16 May 2020

Whenever your neighbour calls others and create any obstacle you should call local police.

How she can stop you raising wall above 5 feet ? She has no locus standi ?

Besides filing complaint in police seek an injunction (civil ) from the Court through a local lawyer.

1 Like

how to file a civil suit

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 May 2020

Wh is this 'she'? The posting suggests deeper issues. Please post the complete facts.

she is an lady who is my neighbour we are having a common wall between our home and she dont know how to talk always behave ill mannered way

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 May 2020

When you have obtained proper permissions/approvals for such constructions, they can never be illegal and in case of obstructions, during the period of construction, you can make a complaint and seek from police personal protection for the construction worker and constructions and engage a live shooting of the activity.  For small things never jump into unnecessary complications with neighbors as we have to coexist for several years.  If there is no harm in keeping your wall only 5ft, and it is not disadvantaging to you, avoid troubles and keep the wall only for 5ft and save expenses.  Ultimately it is municipality that has to permit/approve and she can only make only a complaint and she as a taxpayer is having such right.

she is not even a taxpayer her income is not of a tax payer

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 May 2020

Please focus on the issue.   According to me every citizen is a tax payer, as even bigger pays some kind of GST while purchasing an article.  Tax payment need not be house tax or income tax alone.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     16 May 2020

Originally posted by : anand sharma
she is an lady who is my neighbour we are having a common wall between our home and she dont know how to talk always behave ill mannered way

1.  A maximum height of 2 meters made of stone/brick & mortar, is permitted for common compound walls. However with mutual consent, metal grill /chain-link fencing can be installed on top of the 2 meter common compound wall, without permission from the local civic authorities.

2. Further, irrespective of being a Tax payer or not Tax payer, every citizen has a right to be grumpy and behave in ill-mannered way.  It is upto you to leave the place or bear the neighbour, more so since there is hardly any criminal law (except nuisance, mischief, intimidation, molestation, etc....) that can be invoked against a neighbor, which can also be reciprocral.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

thanks hemant ji

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register