IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandra kamal Chaurak   07 January 2022

I am a common man unaware about law.

I am a man (27yrs old) , I was in a casual relationship with a girl, I never thought anything about getting married. I never wanted to get married to her, it was just a casual relationship. Whenever she asked about marriage I was always clear to her, that i will not marry her and I am not that serious about that relationship. Now the problem is, in the month of November we found out that she faced ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is when pregnancy takes place outside the uterus, it took place in her right fallopian tube. Whenever ectopic pregnancy occurs, the baby is already dead and the threat of this problem is that it leads to a fallopian tube which can burst leading to internal bleeding a
and once the tube bursts it can be life threatening. So doctors usually advice to get rid of the tube before the tube bursts. Therefore we had to go for surgery and she had to remove her right fallopian tube. the surgery was a success, now the problem is now she and her parents are forcing me to marry her. Within my heart I know that I never wanted to marry her. If I marry her it will just be out of sympathy and if i Marry someone it should be because I want to marry her not because of sympathy. so i don't want to marry her and I told this to her and her pay but they are forcing me to get married. what can I legally do?


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 January 2022

If you are thinking a lot about her health, my suggession is to marry with her and enjoy life with her consent

Shashi Dhara   07 January 2022

They cannot  force for marriage ,don't marry her for sympathy , decide yourself to marry or not.

Chandra kamal Chaurak   08 January 2022

In such a situation do I have the legal right to oppose the marriage? If yes, what is the law . I would like to do more research over such law and then get to any conclusion. kindly help me out.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 January 2022

You cannot be forced to marry.




You can be booked under rape as you will never be able to prove that while making physical relation you made it clear that you will not marry.  Her word will prevail if shealleged that she was induced to relation on marriage promise by you and that you do not want to marry becasue of dowry demand.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query