Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

JAYESH (Sr. Executive HR.)     18 April 2011

Husband Wife joint saving bank account querry

Hello to all LCI members,

My firend was having problem with his wife. His wife is not staying with him. His wife had filed DV, Dowary case, maintainance case. All this case was going on and no result was there. Only my friend is paying monthly maintainance to his wife.

My friend and his wife have a join saving bank account. Cheque book and all the other stuff is with his wife. My friend had never operated that account. After sepration his wife once called my friend and told him that please give your signature to withdraw your name from saving bank account. Some how that was pending a long. But now his wife is not ready to wifhdraw my friend name from saving bank account.

My question is why my friend's wife now don't want to withdraw my friend's name from saving bank account. What are the possible reasons for doing so.

please give your suggestion for the same.

I will be highly obliged with your suggestion.

Learning

3 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     18 April 2011

@ Author,

Initially she may not have known that with her signature also she can withdraw / operate the Joint SB Account thus she initially requested your friend for removal of his name since she has left the matrimonial home.

Now she has become intelligent more than your friend and now she is able to operate the account without his signature as it is a Joint SB A/c so she is not in lookout of his removal of name / operating rights as he has now become immaterial for her.

However, behind all these what you missed out knowing from your friend is how much was the balance in this Joint Account? The more the money the more interested as either and or sole operation she would be afterall it not right pre-assumption !

Remedy: Check with your friend the operating instruction of this SB A/C and if it can be closed with either signature then close the account.

Ratna Dom (ratnadom@gmail.com)     27 April 2011

I am a tribal woman. After fight with poverty I have completed my bachelor degree. After ten month married life I am every moment chasing my death. Kindly help me. My in laws are very cleaver and established. I am confusing that I have no prove of physical and mental harassment made by my in laws. I have discussed with two law years about my problem. But my doubt is they are misguiding me. I have no such money power to fight. So before start any straggle I want to be confirmed. Other wise I have the last option of homicide.

The advocates have suggested me to file only 498a at first. After the bail (which they will get) when they will return their house file 406 and this way they will be arrested second time. This is true? (??)

After that file DV, by which I will get alimony and accommodation.

I have told that they are very cleaver because: (i) before marriage they have sing an agreement where this was mentioned that they have no demand of dowry. And that was sign by my parents.  I have heard that by which they may create trouble against my parents according dowry law if we want back the furniture was gifted by my side. (??)

From last two months I am living at my parent’s house. My husband calls me several times to go back but I refuse because they will assault me again if I back. That person recorded all the conversation and will produce as witness (according his threat) that they have asked me several times to go back my matrimonial house. (??)

I have no document like phone recording, doctor’s prescripttion. I never want to go back at matrimonial house.

At present what should I do for justice? Please help me. And what would be their attack if file mention case against them.

stanley (Freedom)     10 March 2012

I was in a similar situtation regarding my Joint account . My Wife filed DV against me and we had a joint account and either of us could operate the account . She filed for maintanence saying that i have not provided for her and the child .And she alone had wiped out the account of Rs 12 lacs while i was abroad .She tried her best to close the account by approaching the bank and she was not successfull as my signature to is required to close the account .  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register