LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Husband: want to apply for divorce

Dear Sir,

I am staying at Hyderabad, I have understanding problems and other family issues with my wife. We never had a good time together.

I want to apply for divorce from my side. I am not sure whether she accepts or not.

We dont have children. Now my wife is working and staying at America. Her parents live in Hyderabad.

Please let me know whether I can file a divorce. If so, how long it would take to complete this case.

Also kindly tell me the process to file divorce.


 6 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 April 2013

if you both are not living for more than one year then file for mutual divorce which takes nearly more than 6 to 1 year and she should be present on both the occasions means while filing and for getting divorce.

1 Like


is it possible one come all the way from state twice or .... times just to sign & submission of the documents ?
in tht case, is it okay if someone send effidavit or power of attorney.

1 Like


We have been separated 2 months back. She was asked me to send divorce a month ago. Can I file divorce from my side?

manish (Advocate)     24 April 2013

you can file divorce from your side, if she will not contest then you will get ex-partee


Thank you Manish. I have few more questions.

May I know how long does it take incase of exparte?

Do I need to send the notice to both my wife and her parents? as she is staying in abroad.

If so, what is the next step. Should I wait for her acceptance for my divorce?

Thanks again.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     24 April 2013

normally mutual divorce is the fastest and will take less than 1 year to get if you have more than one year and in your case only 2months means more than one year and she has to come anytime to get fast divource

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register