Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Husband rights on wife's income

Page no : 2

Vijaya Reddy (Programmer Analyst)     27 February 2014

Hi,

My grandmother had four daughters. one of my aunts(aunt-1) is dead after marriage and her husband (my uncle) married one of my another aunt(aunt-2). so totally 3(mom,aunt-2 and aunt-3) are there now. My uncle is asking to divide the property into 4 and asking 2 divisions, as he has married 2 of my aunts. But my mom and aunt-3 want the property to be divided into 3 for all the three who are alive. the dead aunt dint have child also. Is it legal?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2014

@Vijay Reddy:  Whether your grandmother is living or not, if not, then her interstate property will be inherited by all her legal heirs.  Now, the aunty who died also a legal heir of the grandmother, her share in the property will go to her legal heirs, i.e., her husband, and rest of the shares will be distributed among the other heirs, therefore, the husband of your dead aunty is right in saying that the property has to be divided into four equal shares, it is legally correct and valid.

1 Like

Vijaya Reddy (Programmer Analyst)     28 February 2014

@Mr.Kalaiselvan : Thank you very much for your reply sir. My uncle has married aunt-2 before aunt-1 died without divorce since aunt-1 didn't had children even without my grandparents interest. Is tat legal??

@Mr.Kalaiselvan : Thank you very much for your reply sir. My uncle has married aunt-2 before aunt-1 died without divorce since aunt-1 didn't had children even without my grandparents interest. Is tat legal??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register