30% OFF on all Law Courses until 10th of July. Enroll Now. Use Code: July30
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishna (Retired)     20 November 2014

Husband has shared personal information about wife on chat

Respected People of this Club.

My Daughter got married last year. Within a month of marriage her sister-in-law and brother-in-law started using bad language against my daughter

In a SMS conversation my Son-In-Law as explained honeymoon information to his brother-in-law and his sister. He has even explained her body parts(private details) there are even dirty jokes on them.

My daughter attempted suicide reading all these SMS details. It is not even an year of marriage.

Plz suggest want action we can take on them




 6 Replies

kilimanjaro (md)     20 November 2014

Take your daughter to counselling and tell her its idiotic to even think commiting suicide.


Are you sure these claims are real ?  have you seen it your self or your just saying coz your daughter said these things to you ?


My wife claimed that i recorded our first night video and showed it to all my family members . You know what the fact is ?  we freaking didnt had any first night at all , coz she was in her menstrual period.


Women lie and they lie and lie and lastly they lie 


you better investigate these facts and then take a proper decision , Dont jump into the decision of divorce coz such decisions are taken quickly by women . try to get the facts and resolve this issue to save your daughter married life

Krishna (Retired)     20 November 2014

Dear sir,

I have read these messages my self. we discussed about this to her in laws they are very rude. my son-in-law as accepted that he discussed about that.




kilimanjaro (md)     20 November 2014

did you take backup of those messages ?

did ur son in law felt bad n said sorry ? 


whats ur daughter thinking bout this ?


try to save the marriage take both to psychologist

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     20 November 2014

Dear Sh. Krishna,

I can understand your and your daughter's agony.  But before launching any  legal action to drag your scoundrel son-in-law on the streets so that he would not only learn to respect his wife and also other women in his vicinity and do not treat the women as s*x dolls, you have to fathom the real reason for his such aberrant and abominable behaviour.  What role does his brother and SIL played in this whole drama?  Whether they descended  to such  level to lap up those SMS messages and dirty jokes or put some sense into your son-in-law and asked him not to do such reprehensible things.  If they did the first thing, that means all of them are going to play a very dirty games in future with the sole and body of your daughter. Then, there is no alternative for your daughter to take a bold step and get away from them forever by seeking divorce.  The divorce can be filed only one year after marriage.  But this is extraordinary situation.  so, you can file the divorce by moving appropriate application under Section 14 of Hindu Marriage Act explaining the extreme hardship.  It is really extreme case.  But before that, you have to do one more thing.  You have to file domestic violence case against them.  ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE CARRIED OUT ONLY WHEN HIS BROTHER AND SISTERINLAW WERE IN COLLUSION IN THIS SORDID EPISODE. Otherwise, talk to your son-in-law and if it is a rare occasion he had done such horrible thing without thinking much about the consequences reprimand him and leave it, or habitually he is in such morbid person, then file domestic violence case only against him and divorce case also.  If your son-in-law is really a scoundrel and  has wacky and weird thoughts about married s*xual life, wife swapping etc.  it is better for you not to send your sensitive daughter to that spooky matrimonial home and keep her with you till she gets divorce. 

1 Like


Talk and see. In one way its invasion of privacy. Your Son in law might have sent such SMS through his mobile device to someone. But you peeping into it is invasion of privacy. This needs to be handled with utmost care and sensitivity. Talk and see. Like the above Ld advocate, dont directly jump and file for divorce. Actually there is no need for you to interfere in all this. Your daughter is not a little girl. She should learn to handle such things on her own. Matters of husband and wife need to be solved between themselves without 3rd party interference. You are father, but you are still a 3rd party. Let the wife question this to her husband. Get answers. If he is sorry. Its ok. if not, file divorce. As simple as that.

SuperHero (Manager)     21 November 2014

I would have dragged him and would have given him bashing with a police latti stick or belt. (Left and Right.)

Then I would go to Police station and surrender myself...

@Helping Hand - Even though the Father is a 3rd party, The Guy and his relatives what they did is UNACCEPTABLE.

Even if she would have asked her husband. She would have got some non-sense reply.

@Krishna - This is a sensitive issue.. Ask your Daughter first, what she would like to do?

If the guy really thinks he made a mistake and apologizes before every one (both the families) and wouldn’t repeat such mistakes again. This should be given in statement.

Then and only then your daughter can think whether to continue this relationship or not.( The reason I say is she has all this going in the mind unless there is an memory technique to erase the memory and start the day fresh)

OR if they are rude and bad Behavior

Just go through as mentioned by the above advocates.

Hope your daughter is well. Have Courage to face the challenges.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query