LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

soni   03 March 2015

Husband filing divorce from abroad

Dear Members,

I am not living together with my husband for the last 3 years. He willifully neglected me and went abroad 2 years back. He and his family kept his whereabouts as secret.

10 days back he sends me an email saying that he is getting divorced and sending me a oficial divorce letter.

I found out that he is in Australia. What should i do now? What that divorce letter means?


He has not given me anything till now, not even a single rupee infact took my savings accounts and spent 1.5 lakhs, after that i closed that account.


Will i get my money back from him or not? I want my wedding jewellery and other belongings also, can i take that from him? Please advice me, i consulted a lawyer over phone, he is asking me to file cases otherwise i will not any of my belongings back, is it true?


Please advice.


 5 Replies


At first receive the so called divorce letter, read the contents and discuss here for solution rather than hitting in the dark without any fact having come to notice.

SuperHero (Manager)     03 March 2015

Going through Courts and filing many cases is a big task, effort, time and money.

Once you see the letter, check what is mentioned in that? Then go and talk to a Lawyer and see what can be done?

Talk to some elders, so that let them talk to the Family members and get what is rightfully yours.

3 Years is a big time and what were you doing all these 3 Years?

He is in Australia, even if he comes to India, he many not let you know that he is arriving.


Where will you catch him? 

anjalibhandari   04 March 2015

You should file divorce case against him in an Indian court asap....Anjali Bhandari Adv 9717818148

soni   04 March 2015

Anjali madam,

What will happen if i file divorce ? i mean i dont want to file divorce.

At the same time i don;t want to fall at my husband 's feet and beg him to live with me, i tolerated enough but he is not mending his behaviour.

He is just doing whatever he wants as he is not scared of anyone not even his family.

He gave false information in VISA.

Sonia Saini (advocate)     11 March 2015

Dear Soni,

Kindly give full details as where are living right now , is it with his family or alone and also kindly attach the  copy of letter you have received so that certain legal advice can be given.

I can be consulted at the below mentioned details for legal advice and further course of proceedings.


Adv. Sonia Saini

SS Global Law Firm

Work Phone: 9873658554

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register