LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sweety   03 July 2016

Husband does not honor undertaking

Hi....I was physically abused by my husband...a week back..for which I wrote a police complaint....the police tried to find a compromise method..and took undertaking from him that he would not create any trouble in house....but even after that...the next day....without my knowledge....he stole my atm card and withdrew huge sum from it..he does not repent his behavior and there is no change....I complained to the police about this..but he is absconding since then and did not come back...what can I do?


 3 Replies


I am of the opinion that nobody hits or beats without any reason, it takes two to clap and tango.  Think what might have irked him.  Police station and courts dont have answers to marital problems.


Marital problems - only one solution, patience, neverending patience,


As now matter already in police station, gonazare adv has right advised to go complain and file case, but this wont help you win him or bend him.


Marriage is already over, now trying to sew it back will be of no use, even if done garment wont look like garment, it will look like peice of rag. 


Best is take MCD, forget the money he withdrew.  Find someone else and remarry if you feel so.

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     03 July 2016

Think about in relax mind, are you interested and willing to continue your marital life with your husband where u can fear threat to your life. 

In my opinion if u file FIR against him, there are chances that he may become violent and you might loose your inner peace. In turn think other way to resolve your issues by way of divorce.

A walk alone (-)     03 July 2016

If he withdrew money its not a big issue he is your husband both money are common. Dnt make a big issue of it. Try to sort out problem in four walls. Once you go police or court no problem will be solve only divorce will happen.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads