LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandipan (DIRECTOR)     02 May 2011

Husband Denying Divorce

I have applied for a Mutual Divorce (after 4 years of mental and physical trauma from my husband influenced by his family members) for 5 months now without seeking any alimony or gifts whatsoever and the Divorce date is coming close. In between my husband called up and I met him wherein he stated that he has changed and that he needs everything to be alright (which he has done before also while we were together), which I believe is not honest from his end.

During his conversation, he said that he wants to withdraw from the divorce which I believe cannot happen until and unless, both parties applied for Divorce agree to withdraw. I have started to earn my living by working in a Travel Agency for 6 months now and I have moved on with heart aches. I don't want to go back to him after whatever has happened and I have gone through.

I have few questions in mind, if can get a proper and brief details and answers. Please advice on the following briefly:

1. What happens if he doesn't appear in the Court on the said date of Divorce Hearing?

2. What happens if he says in the court that he doesn't want a Divorce?

3. How do I convince him to give me a Divorce?

4. If nothing works, and I don't want to go back to him, what should be the next step?

I sincerely want legal details and advice. Please excuse me of poll opinions.

Thanks and regards,

Gitanjali Das

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register