Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pardeep Singh   21 December 2015

Husband backout from 13-b, can wife is eligible for divorce

Dear Experts,

Can my wife eligible for DIVORCE !!!!!!

I was Married in January 2013 and my wife given birth to baby boy in October- 13 (premature baby in 7th Month). She left metrimonial home in November- 13,  Parlerly her parents presurised me for mutul divorce by given false 498-a complaints to the authorities. 

As her father forcebly taken costody of child in presure i was given my consent for mutual 13-b and filed joint pettition in March -14 (without compliting 1 year of sepration) with recovery of all dowery articles as well as custody of minor child was given to me (Father) by the society as she and her parents was not willing to take the child. On 2nd Motion i was backed out by saying that " I WAS MADE 1ST STATEMENT UNDER PRESURE OF RELATIVES / SOCIETIES" and withdrawn my consent for mutual divorce.

After 2nd Motion she filled case under section 13- HMA and Section 12,18,19 in DV Act. In DV Act, Considering the countinously medical illness of premature child, Interim Maintenance was declined by the Trail Court as the child was very week and Surgeries are suggested by the Doctors. Trial Court has also stated that Liablities on Husband is higher more as he is taking care of minor child at this stage.

My Question is that since parties are not complie with compulsory provision of the act as "They have been living separately for a period of one year or more", Can wife eligible for divorce under section 13 as in passed we filled joint pettition under 13-b together.

Waiting for your valuable inputs. Please stay connected with me on Kuldeep.dpm@gmail.com or 08295909504.

Regards

Pardeep

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     21 December 2015

Sir, 

Can be said to be cruelty, if the husband is unable to jutstify backing out. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Pardeep Singh   21 December 2015

Thanks Kapil,

But Cruelty requires sufficient evidences in shap of documents. Spose they are not able to prove documentry then what ?????

My Question was slight diffrent that we are not complited sepration period of 1 year for compulsory ground as mutual divorce. Sepration dates mention in 13 pettition & 13-B are contradictory.

Regards

Pardeep

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register