Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shakil Akhtar (Assistant Manager)     25 December 2010

Husband & Family harrassed by wife : Urgent Help Requied

I am a muslim man and was married to a muslim girl. She stayed with me only for a short span of 3 month approx and left my house when I was not at home. She is staying with her parents in Andheri. She did not like my divorcee sister who stayed with me. She filed the so called dowry case 498a against me and all members of my family who did not even stayed with me. After filing 498a she pressurized the police to convince me to throw my sister out and to take her back - Which I never did.

In Jan'2008, She filed maintenance case under section 125 crpc, Right to accommodation, conjugal rights, claim for medical expenses in Bandra Family court. I given her Talaq on 11May2008 as per Muslim Law, which she does not accept.
The interim maintenance was passed for INR 3500/-pm she approached the high court and it was enhanced to 7500/-.The final order passed by Family for is 7900/- pm as permanent maintenance.

In her cross examination in the Family court, she accepted that she was working before marriage. But the court has neglected that.

She also filed a DV case in 2010 claiming compensastion, residence etc. The interim order has been passed by Andheri mobile court directing me to provide a rented residence in Mahim or Vasai.

I have already re-married on 14Apr2010, and my wife is expecting and due in Mar’11.

I am not able to cope with so much pressure and feeling helpless. My lawyer says I have to provide her temp stay and planning the challenge the order in the Mumbai Sessions Court.

I am currently earning 45000/- pm however I have lot more responsibilities. I am really helpless and informed my lawyer that I cannot provide her residence as I am already giving her 7900/- which is a big burden on me.

Sometimes I really feel like ending my life to get rid of these problem, but then who will look after my wife and would be kid. I feel absolutely HELPLESS.

Can you please show me some ray of help?


 1 Replies

Mohd Musabbir Ansari (Legal Practice/Litigation New Delhi 09582547570 )     01 January 2011

Dear Shakeel !

You must give her a lesson. For that you have to file cross cases.

My sincere advice to you is that first file  defamation case. that is to say she had filed 498-A case against you and possibly that was found to be false. this is the ground of your case to sue her.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register