LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reeva Gupta   02 May 2016

Husband absconding with my gold

Hi I got married in the year 2011 and lived with my husband only for about 5 months. In the span of 5 months he had tortured me for dowry and had gone through s*xual and physical abuse. When things became out of control, my parents pitched in to talk to him (as his parents refused to get involved) and he shouted at my parents and the next day absconded with my gold ornaments worth 20 lacs kept at home. Since then i have only seen him once in the court for mediation.. I had filed D.V. Case and 498a case against him. And currently the status is that in 498a case NBW is issued against him and his parents.. The police is a bit lazy to issue the summons because his parents live in hyderabad. I came to know he flew to Canada (he came out on unconditional bail) and holds a PR. He doesnt attend any of the hearings and his parents say they have no news of him. I am quite worried where this is heading to. Could you please provide any sort of help that can help me get my gold jewellery back. I am not behind any alimony or anything.. Just what belongs to me. Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Best of luck getting the jewelry back using Indian legal system. You will spend another 10 years and still may not get anything. Better to seek mutual settlement and divorce, ask for jewelry return to give mutual consent divorce and withdrawal of cases. Take what you can get and move on or else you will wait hanging forever. In India legal system is not effective to do anything. You have to find a way to resolve matter without involving courts. Sooner you understand this reality happier you will be.

Vicky (Engg)     03 May 2016

when you have filed 498a and DVC against your husband & there parents you have not asked in this forum. when you have kept the cases and which are in the court now, what you are expecting from the forum members to tell you.

why you need only gold jewellery back and your belongings. what about your virg*nity, s*xual and physical abuse taken revenge make sure truth comes out of your cases.  tell to the world what actually happened, show to the world what is stree shakti, women empowerment.

in this world women is equal to men in all fields, show who you really is to him and his parents.

once you get your belongings then what? 

JustAdvisor (IT)     03 May 2016

why is a NBW issued against his parents when apparently only he has troubled you?

Sidharth   03 May 2016

I haven't seen any  parents spending 20 lac only on jewellery of bride.  

If you are so rich that you can spend so huge amount only on jewellery Why were you not able to afford a bank locker for safety of your jewellery? 

As per your query your husband and in laws are greedy then why would they betray a rich lady like you? 

In which 5 star hotel your marriage was solemnized?

Pawan S (Advocate)     03 May 2016

I don't realize why you filed cases against his parents?

They refused to talk, which means they don't desire to get involved in your personal (between you and your husband) matters. What is their fault & sin?

It is very weird to see that you kept gold ornaments worth 20 lacs at home. Why 20, make it to 50 or more as per your wish.

No useful views can be expressed unless you come up with a genuine narrative.

Regards,

Ekta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register