Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     04 November 2014

Human can lie but audio recorder/player cannot lie.

Respected experts,

I am trying to submit a 2 year old digital audio evidence that is crystal clear and exposes respondent's lies.

The technology can be used to prove that the audio was not tampered.

But my lawyer says it would be difficult to push this audio evidence.

But the respondent is bringing 5 persons to give false statements.

How does law believes human who can manipulate and lie but does not believe electronics that does not lie but just plays back what the person spoke in the past as it is?

Please advice.

I am depending on this audio proof for my case.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

You can use such recorded clip provided there is a mention of it in the initial written statement.   Court will definitely accept such evidence, if the opposite party has any say about its originality, they have powers to get it verified by competent government authority.  So nothing to worry.  If you have failed to mention such in the WS, court wont accept such evidence later on.

Prasad (Systems Engineer)     04 November 2014

Oh no... I did not mention about it in my original divorce petition. But I am going to mention it in my reply to the counter. Can I request judge to examine my evidence based on my reply to counter?

yogendra (engineer)     04 November 2014

Helping hand WS means witness???

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 November 2014

You can try your luck. You mean you have mentioned in the rejoinder.

Also, the audio can be admitted during cross-examination of the Respondent. If it refutes any of her allegations.

Regards,

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     05 November 2014

yes you can submit the evidence but if it is mentioned in the written statement and the autenticity of that evidence will be tested if the court finds  

yogendra (engineer)     05 November 2014

Make sure it should be original..If you recored thrue mobile.Preserve mobile.If by other recorder preserve recorde.Don't make CD.CD will not admissible.

yogendra (engineer)     05 November 2014

Affidavit also required:

https://www.forensicveda.com/Compliance_Of_65A_65B.html

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register