LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shailesh (technical associate)     25 April 2011

HSA in undivided property

Please consider the Case


Grandfather were having two sons i.e. Elder Son A and Younger Son B. Elder Son A were having one Son A1 and Younger Son B were having two sons B1 and B2

If there is some property of Grandfather which were not divided till date and grandfather, Elder Son A and Younger Son B have been died till date, then according to HSA,will this Property needs to be divided in 2 Parts(One Part of Son A's legal Heirsand another Part to Son B's legal Heirs) or it will be divided into 3 parts(between the three grand sons i.e. A1,B1 and B2 )

Kindly let me know what HSA say in this case


 6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     25 April 2011

Grand father's property will be first divided between his son(s) and daughter(s) in equal share.

Thereafter, the property of each son / daughter will be partitioned amongst the son /daughter and their respective son(s) and daughter(s).

Raghavendra (DOP)     25 April 2011

Please reply me

Raghavendra (DOP)     25 April 2011

Waiting for your reply

shailesh (technical associate)     25 April 2011

Rekha Which rep u want?

AAK (Advocate)     26 April 2011

Notional partition. i.e. first the property is divided among A & B (1/2share) and thereafter A1 being sole son receive 1/2 and out of remaining B1 & B2 get 1/4 each.

for eg: If you have Rs.100/-.   A1 will get 50.   and B1& B2  will get 25 each.

NOTTAM VENKATASAMY (Director Nottam Law Associates)     05 May 2011


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads