LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinodchandra (Executive)     01 November 2014

Hr policy

SOME CORPORATE GIANT COMPANY HAS ADOPTED SALARY BAND POLICY. AND THAT'S WHY SOME GROUP OF EMPLOYEES ARE VICTIM OF THIS POLICY BECAUSE THEY NOT GOT YEARLY INCREMENTS AND RESULTED IN NOT RISE SALARY. 

WHILE THEIR JUNIORS ARE IN SAME CADRE, DOING SAME WORK ARE GOT YEARLY UPTO 15% INCREMENT. I AM NOT TELLING ABOUT PLI OR BONUS. BECAUSE THIS TYPE OF COMPANY VARIES PLI PERSON TO PERSON.

MY QUESTION IS : IS THIS RELIABLE? IS THIS NOT VIOLATE  THE LAW OF EQUAL REMUNERATION FOR EQUAL WORK?

IF YES, WHAT IS REMEDY?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 November 2014

unless we go through the salary bond policy terms & conditions, I cannot suggest you. The management will their qualifications, experience etc. and decide their remuneration. In my opinion the management criteria may be vary depends upon the company policies. that we can not challenge. If any employed agrieved injustice, he can approach labour commissioner.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     05 November 2014

The company's offer with its terms and conditions are to be seen as well as it is to be confirmed that whether you have signed the acceptance letter to the offers made and have agreed to the terms and conditions set therein.  If yes, you have nothing to talk about it once accepted.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2014

The grade ,band provides for incremental increase in salary... This might be as per appraisal, matrix,scale as in appraisal, related with performance.......and vintage may have nothing to do with it. There are parameters that are objective/subjective/assesment/numbers/observation etc...Hence everything can be related...... Although there is scope of bias... The policy may provide for registring dissatisfaction and escalation matrix...that may be fair or for namesake... The band at times can be related with PLI....! The employees should unite and form unions,form 'Works Committees' and affiliate with trade unions..... To fight bias by bosses and HR supporting bosses.... It is also part of tactical approach of employers to check incremental increase in salary of Employees with vintage..... and provide better salary to younger emoloyees and encourage competition....... as well as attrition of dissatisfied Employees with vintage without causing termination....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register